Is it hard to make a plugin?

I've seen so many great plugins, and am thinking of making my own. Is it very hard? If it is,i might need some help making my first one. And if there is any tutorials, or anything, post a link and i'll take a look.

[NOTE]I am kinda a noob to any type of programing or anything

EpicSause

pdnlogo.png

We'll making a plugin can be hard or it can also be really simple.

Things you need to make a plugin:

• [*:s7mhklvf]Knowledge of a .NET language (Preferable C#, or if that's too complicated for you Visual Basic).

• [*:s7mhklvf]Something to compile the code with. (Try
CodeLab or Visuial Studio.)

Some links and tutorials:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6405

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5281

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5308

http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/codelab/help/

Oh, and if you need help me or any of the other programmers on here wouldn't mind helping.

Hard to make plugins? No.

Hard to make good plugins? Yes.

Consider: are you are filling a genuine need for a new effect, or are you just looking to publish something?

Well, i cant figure this out, so what i want to make/need someone to make is. You know the Burn/Dodge tool in Gimp? I wanted to see if i could make it. Its is perfect for shadows and all of that. So if someone could make that, i would be very happy.

[Off Topic]: That for the compliment. :D

EpicSause

pdnlogo.png

• 1 month later...

Sorry for posting about this one ---v

Well, i cant figure this out, so what i want to make/need someone to make is. You know the Burn/Dodge tool in Gimp? I wanted to see if i could make it. Its is perfect for shadows and all of that. So if someone could make that, i would be very happy.

I know the excistance of the shadow/highlight recovery, but it really isn't something like the Burn/Dodge tool what i am looking for in paint.net. I hope someone can still make this plugin for paint(cous i have no idea how to make them myself :oops: :( )?? I would be very very thankful.