Frontcannon's Gallery | Still here: Abstract and Photo Manipulation of a girl

Frontcannon

A little preview for you guys, this will be finished sometimes this year :lol::P

A great big thanks to flip and the other participants (including Rubrica, and YES, I am serious) for the Grid Game thread as it has brought me back into Pixel Art :)

pixelgrid.png

Let's compete! Whose is finished first! :lol: (joke, I know you'd win)

Just one question: do you guys want to see it part by part as in the thread or just the final version, when it's completed (that could be a long time, though)?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello again, long time no see!

Here's a very little update, two pictures but I hope you like them (+ a little glimpse on the Pixel Art)!

Blink

blink.th.png

Jellyfish|Atombomb

jellyfishbomb.th.png

Original Render

Pixelgrid - I know, progress is very slow, but it takes forever to do all the 'dithering' ;)

pixelgrid.png

Thanks to you guys!

yy10: Combining the two together? Wouldn't that be very hard, these are very different art styles..

I always caught imagining me thinking of Blink as a stylish vinyl cover for an Electro band :D

barbieq25: There is no concept of Pixel Art I know of, it's just a very basic way to express the minimal character of objects or landscapes. Plus it's fun :)

EDIT

Updated the gallery + New Sig & Ava Combo!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks I missed the part that said original render what can I say but slap palm to forehead.

Looking good I like how they've been changed. Have you attempted any with light backgrounds or do those fractal manips generally look better against the black background.

I've always loved fractal images but have only ever done one or two. I'm just too impatient for slow computor to render...I can not see myself sitting and waiting for this old beast to finish. :lol:

you have yourself a nice Christmas.

ciao Oma

Fractals against a coloured background are bad, because the background can make some parts of the fractal disappear :(

Fractals against a white background are difficult to work with, because you have those grey and black lines without the colour.

A black background blends the grey lines out and also makes the fractal glow a bit and more contrasted, so you get as much as possible out of the fractal.

Though that depends on the colour gradient you use for the fractal, if you use darker colours, a white background could be possible, too. I have to try that out. Thanks oma, and a merry christmas to you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Technical flower is a very good image. Just not sure about the choice of colours. The background & the flower colours don't work too well?

Aside from that, I really like it. Background texture is awesome & lovely shape to the flower.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you all, I didn't think this image would get that much feedback :lol:

Regarding the background texture: It reminds me of a beehive, too, though I went for a more moss-y style when I started :D

I updated the 'Early Creations' tab on the front page with some VERY old stuff I found on an EXT HD.

Edit

+ a little Wallpaper in the 'Various' section :P