Plugins in Visual Basic 2008

Paul

Hi, I was wondering if you could make plugins in Visual Basic 2008. I find Visual Basic is my best language and I'd like to make plugins. Could it be a tutorial please?

Is it really nessecary to put text here? Thought not :D

userbar819667.gif

If you want to make any USEFUL plugins, I strongly Suggest C#. Visual Basic cant do anything compared to it.

No.

For most programmers, VB.NET and C# are different syntaxes to the same language. The only real differences are VB.NET's named parameters (coming in C#4) and XML literals, and C#'s unsafe code blocks. VB.NET is perfectly capable of producing useful plugins, every bit as much as C# can.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 11 months later...

Really? I never knew that, I thought VB wasn't as precise as C#, ahh, thanks for clearing that up.

Not only that I find programming a lot easier in Visual Basic

(sry i havnt posted in a while)

userbar819667.gif

I'm really a noob to today's coding (did some coding back at msdos times) but my understanding is that with the .net framework it doesn't really matter which language you use, they're more like different dialects of the same language... heck, some of the compilers can even translate between C# <-> Visual basic <-> Boo source code so that the program stays the same, just the language changes...

Anyway, I can't help but associate any programming language with "Basic" in it's name with those really crappy, slow & inflexible Basic-languages of the 90:s (anyone remember quickbasic? or GWBasic?)...

...so anyway, I do recommend C#, it's really not a hard language to learn - took me maybe 3 days to learn enough to write a paint.net plugin... but mainly I recommend it because you can use Codelab and with Codelab you can type the code and instantly see what it does on the screen... convenient, very convenient.

ndeee2.png

...so anyway, I do recommend C#, it's really not a hard language to learn - took me maybe 3 days to learn enough to write a paint.net plugin... but mainly I recommend it because you can use Codelab and with Codelab you can type the code and instantly see what it does on the screen... convenient, very convenient.

Thanks for that, also how easy is it for a 10 year old to learn?

Edited by Paul

userbar819667.gif

Umm, guys?

The post above @Paul's is almost a year old. It's done. Dead. See Rule # 11

If you want to revive the VB vs. C# debate you should start a new thread.

<locked>