Bitmap mode for Paint.net

Adobe:

"When converting a color image to Bitmap mode, first convert it to Grayscale mode. This removes the hue and saturation information from the pixels and leaves just the brightness values. However, because only a few editing options are available for Bitmap mode images, it’s usually best to edit the image in Grayscale mode and then convert it to Bitmap mode. "

After this, there are several tools you MAY be able to use.

The one I found that may work for you is Threshold, which converts the image to black and white I believe (according to the threshold level you select certain pixels can be omitted)

Search for this plugin or check, it is in the adjustments menu.

---

Other plugins may be available though.

"By trying to reinvent the wheel every time we find very often with square wheels" ...X-blaster

Paint.NET is a bitmap editor. It's always in bitmap mode.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Kirby145 knows what I'm talking about. I tried threshold with not so great results earlier, but after some thought, I realized that the Alias plugin could also be helpful for thinning out the lines, with Feather to make them look less jaggy. I think I'm just going to have to make cleaner lineart and play with the scanner settings and see if that makes anything better.