Desktop background v2.0 BETA

Simon Brown

Tools menu.

2rmb6e8.png

This version allows you to actually set the image as your desktop background, as well as preview it on the actual desktop. When first launched, the show desktop command is activated (it works for me on Vista, i'm partly beta-publishing it to test it on other Windows versions).

Copyright © Simon Brown 2009

Use at your own risk.

DesktopBackground.zip

KaHuc.png

One time I got this on windows XP

Hidden Content:
ErrorDesktop.jpg(I hope you understand that I hide this.)

and after opening it a blue desktop, after changing the center/stretch/tile the place where my image should have been stayed blue and the rest grey.

The second time it did nothing.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

The download dialog was probably because of the way the plugin shows the desktop (it doesn't seem to prompt on Vista) - i'll either find an alternative way to do this or not activate it automatically.

Is the issue with the blue/grey desktop when ticking the box to show the previous background, or selecting the new one? If the latter, go to Documents\Paint.NET User Files\Wallpaper and try setting the copy of the target wallpaper saved there as your wallpaper through the windows dialog - does that work?

TIA

KaHuc.png

New one and no, the image is just blue (#00439A), I tried this with my sig, it's the size of my sig, but just blue. The second time I tried this the same happened but I did see window, sorry for reporting wrong and for the Dutch translation, I didn't even notice it. :lol:

By the way the current desktop background did work.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.