The smokey text effect[Cool use of brushes]

theonlychad

good i'm glad their server is working again... i was getting a different error than you were. I was getting the 500 internal server error . That's why i assumed their server was down.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

hehe yeah this was like my second tut on here :D

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

• 4 weeks later...

So are the brush packs you linked the only smoke ones that work with PDN? Because I downloaded a few others (and some splatter packs) and my abrViewer will not open them. It's just stuck at Loading. Does this have something to do with compatibility, are my files messed up, or does it just take a really long time?

sigig.png

all photoshop brush packs should work with abr viewer. It is a possibility that your brush files may be corrupted or are missing some information. Try downloading abr viewer again and see if that fixes it.

They finally all "finished." abrViewer said they were "Ready" rather than "Loading," but the thumbnails never appeared. I guess I will try reinstalling it.

Reinstalling it worked :D

sigig.png

• 4 weeks later...

very good alex :D

The final result, carrying a bit more impact as well, looks kind of like when red food coloring (or, for you desolate people out there, blood) is dropped into liquid, forming those letters. Very well done. Favorited, and a dedication to doing it. :D

Signature-1.png

Trolololol

• 2 weeks later...
The smoke brushes website has changed to a .net domain. ie http://qbrushes.net/photoshop-abstract- ... e-brushes/

other than that they are all the same.

thanks for the heads up mate changed the main post to include the new link

• 3 weeks later...

hey how do i open the 21-smoke-Brush's. after i put it on my desktop i extract it i get a .abr folder how do i open it and where do i put it at? HELP PLEASE!

check the links on the front page you have to get a program called abr viewer and export as pngs into you brushes folder. There is a link to the program and a tutorial on how to use it.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, very nice tut! I begon with paint.NET today again after 3 years doing nothing with it. This tut worked great and everything was explained very good! Only at step 2 you need to say that u added a new layer for the text. I forgot that so my whole background was blurring :P

But anyway, this is my result. Vak 410 is a great place in the Ajax Stadion. The logo is the logo for that place.

Here it is:

19193_82b64889f8f98f371be7a89368e59511

• 2 months later...

Hi im new to image editing.

I found a picture with text and smoke beside but I want to change the text for: PETIT FRERE AKA WEED MAN instead of SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance. Here's the pic:

post-75169-12729027603_thumb.png

New here, first post! :O

What is the plugin you used in step 8? I dont seem to have a "color" tab under effects.

sig.png

• 5 months later...

Just learned to install brushes today so thought I'd give it ago,here's my effort.Thanks for the tut.boltbait.smile.png

Just learned to install brushes today so thought I'd give it ago,here's my effort.Thanks for the tut.boltbait.smile.png

Having trouble loading image,will post asap

Edited by ipswichmanc

me.png             

Many of your posts are coming up with an error from ImageShack. Maybe use Photobucket instead - just make sure you make the albums private or you'll run out of bandwidth in no time at all.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Many of your posts are coming up with an error from ImageShack. Maybe use Photobucket instead - just make sure you make the albums private or you'll run out of bandwidth in no time at all.

Thanks for your advice Barbie.boltbait.big_smile.png

Have tried Photo bucket,same problem.Not uploading my images,have same problem changing sig.boltbait.sad.png

Edited by ipswichmanc

me.png             

Thanks for fixing itboltbait.wink.png

smokem.png

Edited by ipswichmanc
Malformed img tags fixed. Presto, an image appears!

me.png