Chad's Gallery- 4-26-10 Sargon's tut result pg1

theonlychad

@soka and barbie thank you so much you comments are greatly appreciated :D

here is something for my fellow pdn alholics merry christmas to you all!

pdnaholicschristmas.png

the wood for the table in front and the picture frame were a gift from welsh but everything else is made by me :D Hope you guys have a great christmas and make sure if you are of drinking age to have one on me :D and if your not of drinking age have some warm apple cider its good for you.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Just a warning to the people with bandwidth restrictions this next image is really big on the file size. I named it Meet me Halfway because it was inspired by the black eyed peas song meet me halfway. I liked the image so much i adjusted it to a sig i hope you guys like it.

th_874b1021.png

and before anyone asks yes it is 100% pdn :D I have the pdn to prove so :D

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Thanks helen but i had to throw it out there for the doubters lol. Oh yeah this came from me playing around with my concrete method lol.

Like the blocks but the grey looks boring as bats...esp when I think back on the images you create...like the marble one. Wonder what it would look like with dark purple or a royal blue?

Great 3D & that bit of translucence is super...ah no I can do better - SPIFFY! Onya Chad!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I have been looking through your gallery again. I like the polar inversion with the pale pinks and green and the fish are fun. Darkness and light is a very interesting image, something very appealing about it.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Thank you guys for the coments and the critiques

:D

Alright seeing as i won rookie of the year for 2009 I decided to do a rework of one of my first serious pieces done in paint.net. I know some of you remember It. Here is the rein-visioning called Space ball revisited

th_4a7cf4b6.png

I spent a while re-imagining this piece and figuring how i could take it to the next level.

I would like to thank all of you who voted for me for the rookie of the year and the forum troll :lol: . I am glad that this community is striving and producing more and more great artists and paint.net enthusiasts such as my self. I hope that 2010 can be a great year for all of us.

thanks a lot,

chad

Oh yeah here is a not so new work i forgot to post here but it has been on pdn fans and my da for a while

i call it Solaris

th_2e3682be.png

First, I want to personally congratulate you on the award because you did an exceptional job with Paint.NET. Second, I want to say how nice the images are. For the second image (Solaris) I noticed that the ring around the planet is very subtle. I must say that's a very professional and awesome addition to the image. I would imagine seeing something like your image in a real space scene. Once again, great job! :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

:) Yes Chad I remember it and it looks very nice and much better, and the Solaris is awesome, the texture of the planet needs some curvature to give it some more 3D effect, but I really like the rings they look awesome and if you add there shadows on the surface of the planet it will help more for the 3D-ing.

Returning to Space ball revisited, I see a big improvement comparing to the original, the 3D-ing is much better and also the proportion, the lighting and shadowing is good too, still needs some work on the left column esp., but the one for the orbs I like it.