Chad's Gallery- 4-26-10 Sargon's tut result pg1

theonlychad

Ooooh! Stacks of possibilities there! Nice job so far. The fire stuff I love...care to share how you did it. At least you remember how you did stuff - I don't. I should write it down as I do it but it just gets in the way of the flow.

Very nice so far!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

here is a demonstration of the image used to create the barrel. if that gives any clues :D but yeah i can give a few pointers :D

oh yeah the fire is a fractal that i rendered a while back in apophysis forgot to mention that lol. Posting on 3 different sites kind of gets you confused sometimes.

but here is an image that explains a bit about how the barrel was done.

rustybarrel-1.png

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

really nice starting texture on the barrel ... when you've ran S3D if you use Point Warp you can get some dents and dings on it :wink:

i actually thought of doing that lol. I studied the barrel making thread on the other forum and was like hey i could possibly do that :D

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Chad, hobo's respite is BRILLIANT ! Superb use of shape 3D. That gives me so many ideas ! Oklahoma winter is really great. Reminds me of the primitive folk art style. Very bleak. You guys don't get snow? Want some? Man it is sooooooo cold here in Indiana right now. Dang I hate winter !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thank you so much possum you have been an inspiration to me since i started this forum. Your words of praise mean a lot to me thank you so much :D

here is a little christmas cheer for you guys

th_Merrychristmas.png

Thank you sokagirl :D i made the trees using smudge and bevel selection :D.

@janettsue nice to see you around again and thank you a lot :D

I love the Oklahoma Winter; I can actually feel the atmosphere of the image. Wow! :shock: Your Christmas one is very well done, too. The light bulbs have a nice, soft glow to them. Great job on the ornaments as well! :P

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you all for the support and critique :D

Here is the updated version of Oklahoma Winter as per requested on the other forum.

th_oklahomawinter.png

Also here is the updated christmas image.

th_christmascheer.png

Just a little side note about oklahoma winter. The picture took about 100 layers total including all the work on the trees and such.

I welcome the critique it makes me a better artist and it keeps me on my toes :D. Oh btw i picked up inkscape and i am going to learn that program and make some vectors here soon.

Thank you very much sokagirl

also thank you very much midgetalien :D

here is a nebulae test i am testing out some techniques on making nebulae 100% pdn. The following image is 100% pdn no brushes used.

nebulaetest.png

here is the result of further testing :D

nebulaetest2.png

here is a little something i made for a challenge on the pdn fanatics forum

th_wavychallange.png

@ sokagirl thank you your recent works have been awesome as well.

@ barbie i am looking forward to your idea coming to life

@helen thank you so much hope you have a Merry Christmas

@darkshock thanks for stopping by :D i have a method for something you might want to use in signature making pm me sometime.

Here is my latest abstract i call it the darkness and the light.

th_thedarknessandthelight.png