How do i bevel one edge of a square only ?

Hello

I'm trying to bevel one edge of a square and to accomplish this task i have tried to use BoltBait's bevel plugin.

However, even though i do my best (which isn't really that much i'm afraid !) i can't make the part where the lit and shadow meet to look like i want it to - i'm trying to remove the shadow part

so, does anyone know if there exist a plugin where it is possible to just bevel one edge of a square ?

*suggestion*

If such a plugin don't exist then i would like to suggest that BoltBait's bevel plugin being enhanced to have this option also

actually there is an old plug in called bevel that if you set one of the colors to transparent it will do one side of a square only.

you may want BoltBaits bevel thou and use the eraser. its much more versitile when you have odd shapes to do. the old bevel only works on square images and you don't have much control using selection portions of an image.

ciao

here's the old one viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6526 but strongly recommend the newer version by BoltBait.

Hi BoltBait

I sorta hoped you would reply 8)

I have just tried your suggestion and it worked, however, i still have one edge to many ! - i guess i could just make a copy of one the be beveled ends and then copy this to a new layer and flip it, but i think it's a very cumbersome way to do it.

Anyway, thank you for helping out - please give my suggestion a moment of thought i think it deserves it !

@oma

Thank you for replying - i'll give the thread a look

Hi BoltBait

I sorta hoped you would reply 8)

I have just tried your suggestion and it worked, however, i still have one edge to many ! - i guess i could just make a copy of one the be beveled ends and then copy this to a new layer and flip it, but i think it's a very cumbersome way to do it.

Anyway, thank you for helping out - please give my suggestion a moment of thought i think it deserves it !

Ain't gonna happen. Sorry, but that is by far the most complicated plugin EVER... and it is not easy impossible to modify.

Well BoltBait

I'm sorry to hear that - it's very disappointing news for me and the thousands and thousands of your followers !

How can the creation of any plugin be an impossible task for the God of Plugs :wink: (i'm aware that there are other "Gods" but this one is my favourite right now ! *busy with preparing the ceremonial sacrifice of a goat while chanting nervously*)