Graphics Tablet Pressure sensitivity

okay so the problem / question is simple and to the point

I don't know how to get my graphics tablets pressure sensitivity to take effect when drawing on paint.net

I have a Trust TB-6300

I've used it on GIMP but when I went dual monitor GIMP stopped working correctly.

so I turned to Paint.net so how do I use pressure sensitivity to influence the brush on Paint.NET??

Pressure sensitivity? I don't believe you can do that in Paint.NET. You can change the brush width, color, and other attributes, but don't think PdN has that feature for the brushes. The brushes will get an upgrade, but that won't be happening any tine soon.

Maybe I'm not completely understanding your question. What is pressure sensitivity again? :|

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

You can, for now. As soon as version 3.5 comes out, you won't be able to. That might be temporary.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Pressure sensitivity? I don't believe you can do that in Paint.NET. You can change the brush width, color, and other attributes, but don't think PdN has that feature for the brushes. The brushes will get an upgrade, but that won't be happening any tine soon.

Maybe I'm not completely understanding your question. What is pressure sensitivity again? :|

near all graphics tablets have pressure sensitivity.

its exactly as it sounds its the pressure sensitivity of the pen

like when you press down harder with the pen the opacity may change the size may get bigger. to give the effect that your actually drawing. its for digital artists to literally draw.

You can, for now. As soon as version 3.5 comes out, you won't be able to. That might be temporary.

yeh I'm asking how??

also just to ask why would pressure sensitivity be taken out of a digital art program??

also just to ask why would pressure sensitivity be taken out of a digital art program??

Because it's been causing no end of problems, with various tablet drivers causing all kinds of crashes or problems. Like reporting weird values for pressure that cause the paintbrush to fill the entire canvas with just a small tap.

It might come back later, but it'll be as a plugin or something.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg