How to make DarkShock looking smiley (Much big pics)

qwertyuu

Plugins : viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22819 <-these links contains all of the plugins required.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25303

It Gives This :

glossy.jpg

First, begin by creating a blank space

59757880.jpg

Create a circle on a new layer (this will be your smiley)using this: :ShapeInterior:

95684451.jpg

Make the Face of your smiley

60541506.jpg

Select the eyes and the mouth with the magic wand and delete them

99430278.jpg

Take the Outline object tool and make radius to 4, strengh to 6 and outline color to black

23131236.jpg

Select the Magic wand tool and click on a blank space (not on the eyes or on the mouth, press outside the smiley) and press Ctrl-i

17476812.jpg

Select move selection tool and make the selection shrink a bit by holding Shift and center the selection in the middle of your smiley's face

31671174.jpg

Make a new layer and make a gradient with a pure white and a completly transparent color and stop it in the middle of your smiley's face

87989475.jpg

:Deselect: Deselect the selection, take the feather tool and put the feather radius to 4 and the effect strengh to 6 (dont check the box)

33009374.jpg

Select the smiley but without the black circle around it (if you dont understand, check the image below) and make a gradient down it's face (like in the image below)

90175413.jpg

Voila!

finix.jpg

Here are my outcomes with effects:

oloz.jpg

Edit: darkshock.jpg

glossy.jpg

Just post your outcomes, im exited to see them im waiting for them!

borderg.png

I would usually point out that you shouldn't make a tutorial within your first 5 posts, but this is awesome! You might want to resize the screenshots though, so they load quicker, nice outcome, I'd try it now, but Its late and I have to go soon. But this is great! Keep up the good work :D

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

:lol: The smiley face looks nothing like the one on my sig, but close enough. :D The shine effect works though. Also: size down your images so the page isn't so stretched out and it will make it faster for the page to load up. :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Yeah, the smileys are just a font. They only make the shape though. You have to do the rest on your own.

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

• 4 weeks later...

I don't even intend on making the smileys face look amazing or anything. I just simply used them. It's not like I asked for people to be stunned by it. :|

Edit: I never claimed the smileys to be my own work. I can make them myself If I wanted to, but the fonts just speeds it up actually. There is no need for you to be insulting me. Pretty much everyone here shows respect to each other.

Well, he kinda has a point. If they're a font, I'm less impressed.

I have to disagree with you on that , but then that's your opinion . qwertyuu insulted DarkShock saying he sucks at Paint.NET ?? Obviously someone is not right in the brain , he is one of the best signature creators that I have ever seen . To create something out of a font is amazing he took something simple and made it into an awesome avatar .. So stop talking bloody potato unless you can back it up , can you honestly say that you're better than DarkShock ? I don't think so :x

I never claimed the smileys to be my own work. I can make them myself If I wanted to, but the fonts just speeds it up actually. There is no need for you to be insulting me. Pretty much everyone here shows respect to each other.

Personally i think making a fake quotation and so on was prety pathetic. I would say dont even bother responding to this immature person who imo is clearly jealous of your pdn work.

@Flip: at the end of the day creativity comes in different forms, the fact DS made his own smileys etc. from a font..i would call that impressive..but thats just my opinion.

@Soka: i totally agree

@qwertyuu: Out of general intrest if you think DS 'sucks at pdn' why try to copy his signature/avatars and overal style? Oh yes thats right, i forgot immaturity is more than a four letter word.

Personally It seems to me like your trying to portray it like it's yours, just because really the only thing there.

I'm not trying to portray it like it's mine. I even redesigned the smiley and everything when I use them. The font only makes the shape of the smiley. I do everything after that. I can make a smiley own my own. The fonts are just faster. Here is one I just made. It took about less than 2 minutes:

bevy4l.png

Is there really a problem that I redesign a font? :|

:( That's what I'm trying to say. It's like taking a piece of paper and turning it into origami. I took something plain and turned it into something artistic. That's what I did with the smileys...

hereis my attempt..well i shall post it when my mouse unfreezes so i can wait a minute or 17..this is getting pathetic. YAY!

ok you might wanna click it and size it up because it looks so weird all smallified..kinda armadilloish.UGH REALLY? IT FROZE AGAIN. u.g.h.unmoving ..k i got nothing for g and h.

30491_31b0bfdf5352a2349c479984674d1b9a

20rrcjm.jpg