Is it possible to make "photoshop fractalius" effect in PDN?

I've seen the top image posted here before with the same request, unfortunately I've not been able to locate the post again (so I'm working from memory).

I seem to remember that this effect is created with a PS (GIMP?) plugin.

No I don't think it can be simply replicated in PDN.

It has come to my attention that this is the "photoshop fractalius plugin."

The splintered twist, wave, and inside effects /are/ close, but they aren't quite the same.

Would anyone who has photoshop be willing to see if they couldn' transfer the plugin in some way to PDN?

It has come to my attention that this is the "photoshop fractalius plugin."

The splintered twist, wave, and inside effects /are/ close, but they aren't quite the same.

Would anyone who has photoshop be willing to see if they couldn' transfer the plugin in some way to PDN?

Yeah, that would be a cool plugin, I'd download it, but I don't know if its possible.. but I hope so :D

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

Thanks.

Changed the title.

Between one of my friends and myself, we managed to get a bright outline of objects, but we aren't able to duplicate the web-like structure.

I managed to get a web-like picture using the cloud render and smudge, but there was no way to really select only the smudged parts.

Also, the reason I posted the parrot was that, that picture still has the eyes of the animal, and it seems like it was a simpler version of the effect (although I am sure you could adjust the intensity or whatever it might be called)

NB: The PS plugin is for sale/sold by the author, so he/she won't take kindly to anyone ripping off their code.

the reason I posted the parrot was that, that picture still has the eyes of the animal, and it seems like it was a simpler version of the effect (although I am sure you could adjust the intensity or whatever it might be called)

Yes the effect is highly configurable - have a look at the picture of the dialog here: http://www.redfieldplugins.com/filterFractalius.htm. On that page old Leonardo has had the effect applied to his image in several different ways.

NB: The PS plugin is for sale/sold by the author, so he/she won't take kindly to anyone ripping off their code.
Give a 1st try on my old unfinished piece.

Hey, that doesn't look too bad for a web-like effect. It's a little spikier, but certainly it's better than what I've been able to come up with.

Here's the edge glow my friend figured out.

1240464309838.jpg

testglow.jpg