Windows 7 Anyone? - Now with a Poll!

Will you upgrade?/Did you upgrade?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you upgrade?/Did you upgrade?

• Yes - Home Premium
    • Yes - Professional
    • Yes - Ultimate
    • No Windows 7 for me

I can't wait to try out Windows 7. I just hope I notice a difference.

Also: The waffles were delicious...

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Wow. Windows Anytime Upgrade took less than 5 minutes.

Fresh install took about 10 for me ...

... on a 3.6ghz Core i7 with an Intel X25-M gen-2 SSD ;) :twisted:

I'm planning on upgrading to the Radeon 5850 now, plus a Phenom II 945 (the 95W version). Overclock that, and I'll be able to rival Rick's rig, if you don't count the HDD. Then again, I could look for an SSD too. That would be especially nice with my Win7. :)

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

Hey, if I upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premiem and decide to upgrade to Pro later will I have to back-up my files or will they be deleted. I was going to ask Microsoft, but I couldn't find a place to send them a question. :|

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Wow. Windows Anytime Upgrade took less than 5 minutes.

Fresh install took about 10 for me ...

... on a 3.6ghz Core i7 with an Intel X25-M gen-2 SSD ;) :twisted:

I'm planning on upgrading to the Radeon 5850 now, plus a Phenom II 945 (the 95W version). Overclock that, and I'll be able to rival Rick's rig, if you don't count the HDD. Then again, I could look for an SSD too. That would be especially nice with my Win7. :)

have you heard about the new cheap athlon II's? theyre quad cores, they clock to pII but fails on cache.

I'm planning on upgrading to the Radeon 5850 now, plus a Phenom II 945 (the 95W version). Overclock that, and I'll be able to rival Rick's rig ...

Phenom versus Core i7? I don't think so, sorry :) Not unless you're hitting 5 GHz or something.

Not that it won't rock, of course.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Hey, if I upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premiem and decide to upgrade to Pro later will I have to back-up my files or will they be deleted. I was going to ask Microsoft, but I couldn't find a place to send them a question. :|

Windows Anytime Upgrade will upgrade that in 5-30 minutes, depending on your computer. You don't even need to download anything or even put the disc in. You just have to type the new product key and activate it again. No data will be lost (though your taskbar will be repopulated with IE8, WMP12, and Explorer if you've unpinned any of those). I think it forgot a couple other settings, too, but I can't remember which ones, so obviously they weren't important.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I'm planning on upgrading to the Radeon 5850 now, plus a Phenom II 945 (the 95W version). Overclock that, and I'll be able to rival Rick's rig ...

Phenom versus Core i7? I don't think so, sorry :) Not unless you're hitting 5 GHz or something.

Not that it won't rock, of course.

Oh, that's right you overclocked yours to 3.6 or so. I was thinking ~3.8ghz Phenom II vs 3ghz (can't really recall) i7. Sadness.

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

Windows Anytime Upgrade will upgrade that in 5-30 minutes, depending on your computer. You don't even need to download anything or even put the disc in. You just have to type the new product key and activate it again. No data will be lost (though your taskbar will be repopulated with IE8, WMP12, and Explorer if you've unpinned any of those). I think it forgot a couple other settings, too, but I can't remember which ones, so obviously they weren't important.

I remembered! It re-enabled Adaptive Brightness.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I've mostly switched to Ubuntu. Still pop into Windows 7 every now and then, but only when I really need something that I can't get to work in Wine.

Though Windows 7 is definitely shiny. And much, MUCH better than Vista. Good lord, it's so much better. Vista was barely usable by my standards, but Windows 7 is very nice to work with in comparison.

Still doesn't have anything on Linux, though. Yay for Terminal and constant updating. =P

On a side note, I'm likely going to be building a $1700 Corei7 PC for someone. (I believe you know this person, Bryan =P)

ferrariaureagtsigbluewieq1.png