Sign in to follow this  
DarkShock

Windows 7 Anyone? - Now with a Poll!

Will you upgrade?/Did you upgrade?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you upgrade?/Did you upgrade?

• Yes - Home Premium
    • Yes - Professional
    • Yes - Ultimate
    • No Windows 7 for me

The only thing is I am having problems getting internet connected to my new computer. We have another desktop at our house with the internet and a router set up, but I needed to get internet setup. So I got a netgear wireless g router and we can't get it working. any solutions??

Is there a chance you set up MAC address filtering and forgot about it?

We found the problem. We cannot have two routers set up, I thought that the Netgear router we bought was a Wireless Bridge. So we are now running our cable from the router in the office to my pc.

First forum post from Win7 :) I'm liking it so far, although I would like it if it were easier to make the icons central on the taskbar. Still, that's a fairly minor quibble, good stuff all round so far :)

I haven't managed to copy my firefox settings over though, :( I copied the entirety of the Mozilla folder over & it hasn't worked :(

I haven't managed to copy my firefox settings over though, :( I copied the entirety of the Mozilla folder over & it hasn't worked :(

%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[random letters and numbers].default\

%APPDATA% is usually C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\ on Vista/7

Create a new profile on the new computer, find its folder and delete the files inside. Copy the files from your profile on the old computer into the profile you've just created on the new one and get Firefox to use it.

I want vista back :(

yesterday, photoshop kept crashing when i used topaz and cinema 4d or 3ds max doesnt work

>_>

i take it back - downloaded xp mode - its fantastic :D

Create a new profile on the new computer, find its folder and delete the files inside. Copy the files from your profile on the old computer into the profile you've just created on the new one and get Firefox to use it.

That did it, thanks a lot Simon :D