Windows 7 Anyone? - Now with a Poll!

DarkShock

Will you upgrade?/Did you upgrade?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Will you upgrade?/Did you upgrade?

• Yes - Home Premium
    • Yes - Professional
    • Yes - Ultimate
    • No Windows 7 for me

Anyone here planning to upgrade to Windows 7 when it comes out? I just took a visit on Gateway's site and just found out that my laptop qualifies for a free Windows 7 upgrade that will ship in the mail when it launches. Needless to say I'm stunned by this. :DI'm actually not sure if I'll use it though. I just might give it to a lucky friend. Scratch that. I've seen the new features and I'm interested.

So who's planning to upgrade? :)

a2r8yd_th.jpg

ALSO: If there are any students here that has a valid e-mail address ending with.edu than you probably qualify to get Windows 7 Home Premium or Professional for $30. Visit www.win741.com for more information. Thanks to Rick for the find.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I was planning to change my laptop for a more powerful one anyway (dedicated graphics this time NOT integrated!) so I`ll probably just wait until they start selling them pre-installed with Win 7 and get one then. I know I could get a free upgrade if I bought one now but I would rather the OS be installed by people who know what they are doing. I wouldn`t have a clue if there was a problem with the upgrade. :oops:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Yeah I understand that. I think they would make the upgrade pretty straightforward. I'm not sure, but I think they'll start selling them with Win7 pre-installed starting next year. I also think I heard somewhere that there might not even be much computers/laptops with Win7 pre-installed.

Don't take it from me though. Just stick to your plan. :wink:

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I read that I need to backup all of my files before I install Vista. I haven't done that yet, so I better get crakin'.

but, i like XP! :cry:

Haha! I finally switched to Vista about a month ago. I was stuck on my out of date family computer (which is a piece of bloody potato with only half a gig of RAM) that ran XP. Now I finally have a laptop that I got for college. It feels like such a hug upgrade in my view. Now I'm packin' 4GB of RAM. Yay! :D

To get a free upgrade to Wndows 7 you have to meet the qualifications:

-Buy a computer (or laptop/netbook) that runs Windows Vista.

-The purchase has to be between June 26,2009 - January 31, 2010

That's pretty much it. It looks like all major brand computer companies are involved in this. Sony, HP, Toshiba, Dell, etc.

Well, actually, this thread just kicked my butt into gear to install Seven on my new, dual-core PC. At least the sound card in this one is modern enough to be recognized. And thankfully, the Synaptics drivers for Vista work under Seven as well - I wouldn't have been able to live without my scroll-wheel mimic.

I tried Seven out a while ago on an older laptop, and I was definitely impressed at the time. Compared to Vista, it's pretty similar visually, but the hefty performance upgrades, combined with quite a few little goodies - the pin-able taskbar, the new OS-wide Libraries - make it a tantalizing upgrade. I'll certainly be upgrading, maybe not right when it comes out, but this one isn't one to skip.

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

Well, actually, this thread just kicked my butt into gear to install Seven on my new, dual-core PC. At least the sound card in this one is modern enough to be recognized. And thankfully, the Synaptics drivers for Vista work under Seven as well - I wouldn't have been able to live without my scroll-wheel mimic.

I tried Seven out a while ago on an older laptop, and I was definitely impressed at the time. Compared to Vista, it's pretty similar visually, but the hefty performance upgrades, combined with quite a few little goodies - the pin-able taskbar, the new OS-wide Libraries - make it a tantalizing upgrade. I'll certainly be upgrading, maybe not right when it comes out, but this one isn't one to skip.

I'm guessing you've tried the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor right?

I'm guessing you've tried the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor right?

Nope, I just jumped in - both times in fact. This time, though, since it's my primary computer, I installed in on a new partition, so I'm dual-booting Vista and Seven. I like Seven, but I'm not willing to entrust everything I have to a beta, especially a Windows beta. ;)

I am not a mechanism, I am part of the resistance;

I am an organism, an animal, a creature, I am a beast.

~ Becoming the Archetype

I don't know, I was thinking of getting a MacBook Pro the next time I upgrade my laptop, so probably not.

So no more Paint.NET for you? :(

Archived