Nemos gallery - UPDATE 22/10/09 SOTW entry + Murray!

nemo

i know right? a few of my friends who use photoshop cs3 are all oh its easier!, ok so its faster for some things but to be honest i find pdn way easier and get prety much the same result. Pdn development team 1, photoshop 0 :lol:

Your rose, once again, is amazing! The leaves and the petals look so real!!! :shock: :shock:

Really? everyone keeps saying the leaves look good but i cant help but think if you look at them properly they have a really stupid glowy edge and are dark so i didnt have to do much detail :lol:. I think the frosted glass bits look quite nice though :). Really glad you like it!

I like to take things with a grain of salt, but dont take any offense when I say that I have to agree with Crimson.

Now I've had my little dealings with making things of different art genres with Paint.NET, but saying that rose was 100% Paint.NET (which means without using stock in its shallowest terms)...doesn't blow my mind away. It makes me a little suspicious. The leaves, I can agree with to a degree (even though they sorta look like real leaves with an oil painting effect applied, but I'll let that go), but not the rose. The seeming feathered edges is kinda tipping me off.

I'm not trying to say I doubt you outright, but if you could enlighten me as to how you made it, I'll concede. I can see you made an outline beforehand. How did you color it in? Paintbrush? Did you use a picture of a rose underneath the layer, create a new layer and color from there? And how long did it take to produce?

Putting that aside, I like that grass (reminds me of a tut I saw a while back) and that vexelly rainbow. Hope to see more stuff soon

I am puzzled, Crimson and worlsnewser, at why you two are so quick to accuse Nemo of using photographs and claiming it as 100% PDN? Do you two have evidence to prove contrary to what Nemo has posted? Not trying to hijack Nemo's thread or to start a fight, but I want to know.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I am puzzled, Crimson and worlsnewser, at why you two are so quick to accuse Nemo of using photographs and claiming it as 100% PDN? Do you two have evidence to prove contrary to what Nemo has posted? Not trying to hijack Nemo's thread or to start a fight, but I want to know.

No, don't worry I'm not trying to instigate a fight :wink: . I'm just a little curious, that's all. And I'm not accusing him of using photographs, I'm just saying it looks a bit suspicious and would like to know how it was made in more detail. I've been working with Paint.NET for a while and after carefully examining it (for quite a while. Its not like I post somewhat outlandish statements all the time without slowly looking things through a few times) I can't quite understand the method used without any stock.

And I don't need evidence, I'm only asking some questions. How was it done? How long did it take? In clearer detail, that is.

And I don't need evidence

I do. nemo, please link me to the WIP Ash seems to remember. I would really like to know/see how your rose was done.

Do you two have evidence to prove contrary to what Nemo has posted?

Look at his rose. The shape, lighting (even the most subtle kind), and texture is astoundingly realistic. All the petals seem to be perfectly laid out and are completely in sync highlight/shadow-wise. While the flower itself is absolutely perfect, the edge surrounding it is far from it. If all the petals are nicely sharp, why is the outside edge Feathered?

Edit: I found this on the first page of this thread.

untitled3.png

To me, it looks like you just took a corner of a photo and smudged the edges.

oh c'mon, you guys can't be that blind? of course nemo made those stuff himself! who would be stupid enough to claim that they did stuff they didn't do? you might as well accuse Ash of copying then. :?

deviantART

sigs n stuff

Most users know me from a while back, and they see how I got better step by step, and many of the things I make are not real life things, (ie. Robot, Saber tooth). And I've helped enough people so others know I'm pretty good with PDN and stuff.

So, it's much easier for everyone to believe me.

Instead of everyone fighting about it's real or not, the best way is for nemo to answer this.

So, everybody please wait for nemo's answer.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

There is no need to fight over if it is photo or not, just let nemo answer it.

If I remember correctly, I've seen the WIP of that piece.

Yes you have :? .

ok guys:

1) No offence is taken because its meant to be a realistic piece and for people to say that its a good thing in my book :lol:.

2) Photograph? sorry to tell you folks but the only camera i have is on my mobile phone and if you think a phone camera can take a picture like that then...plus look at all the screw ups i did, if you look at the picture :?

3) Yup i have since lost the pdn due to my dad (rrr) but some people have been sent parts of it before he decided to delete all my stuff on the pc, hence why i state this on the vfirst page and have since started using my laptop

4) I have been using pdn a long time and use it everyday, at home and at work as i am a designer, its my job to design realistic images :?

5) Whoever said the lily was fake i actually laughed, have you seen that thing??

6) I ALWAYS sketch things out first then draw the sketch on pdn before toning and colouring.

7) And i can't remember who said it but who would be stupid enough to post a photograph and claim they made it on a forum full of pdn genious's?

Anywho, i pay great thanks to those who know i made it and actually stuck up for me whilst offline but also to those who critisized my work as being fake as it is actually a compliment. Believe what you will.

heh people will always find things to nit pick on keep on shining nemo you have some great stuff in here.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Thankyou Chad, alas you are right. Further conversations with some more well esteemed memebers of this forum along with the few who managed to get the pdn before it was lost have spurred me on to simply create more work thus proving my pdn ability :)

But i must say its always nice to hear someones compliments :wink:

I have been playing with pdn nonstop for bout 3 weeks now every day lol.... i sure hope that i can improve to a degree where im at least half as good as you are.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

I've currently got a daffodil on the go (don't tell my wife :lol: )

haha :lol:, oh welsh you do make me chuckle. But yes youre right about the green background, cant wait to see your daffy :wink:

i have 2 wips atm, one being a face which you challenged me, it wont be very good as im only good at still life but i hope you guys like it :shock:

All I can say is - I hope those who criticized your work are as keen to apologize and admit they were wrong.If they had a doubt then they could at least of PM`d you first instead of going public. Not nice. Not nice at all! :x

I never believed for one second your work was anything other than 100% PDN.And excellent work at that. :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Thankyou GF and yes that would of been nicer but i guess people are aloud to have their opinions, and thankyou, i really appreciate your comment :mrgreen:

Nemo you definitely have class :D i'm glad you didn't let their opinions bother you.