Sokagirl's Gallery -

sokagirl

Sokagirl, that is neato! I love this effect. Looks like a stack of boxes left on a frozen lake & the little cotton puffs are trying to wake them up.

Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks barbieq , your comments are always a pleasure my dear :P

Onto something multiple , lot's of layering here .. Blue on Blue :lol:

bluesquaresmany.png

Awesome Sokagirl! I love it! The texture & the colours are amazing! Like a glass/ceramic sculpture. What a brillinat idea & such excellent execution!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Thanks Oma , not sure if it would ever make to a Gallery . I can't even get my stuff inside this boards Galleria ..

And Chrisco , glad you like it . Thanks

Thanks for the kind words barbieq , means a lot ^_^

Something a bit different ??

Y4Ypj.png

Thanks Oma , not sure if it would ever make to a Gallery . I can't even get my stuff inside this boards Galleria ..

And Chrisco , glad you like it . Thanks

Thanks for the kind words barbieq , means a lot ^_^

Something a bit different ??

1EYxn.png

Nice! That is a cool 3D piece of art! I would like to see more of that...

Box sketch is great because it looks like it has lots of different textures and its some thing totally different, Blue on Blue i love, the whole picture really appeals to me and the cage is a very sharp piece of 3D work, it looks great :)

Why is it that every time I come to your gallery, I end up with a new favorite piece? It's because you do great abstracts !!!! Blue on Blue is now my new favorite, but you are going to have to outdo yourself to top that one. The colors are so pleasing, and the squares are so random. That takes a great deal of skill. I used to draw a design like this on paper back when I still sketched on paper. I would start in the middle with one square and fill the entire page. Beautiful piece!

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks Helen , Axle and Possum .. You all are the last to witness my creation I am closing this Gallery I read what Welsh said about his and I am tired not ever making it into the Galleria so I'm saving all my goodies for fans . thanks everyone who had left me many nice comments it was great while it lasted .. So long and goodnight @_@ Yours truly , Sokagirl

Sokagirl, you're leaving?

Is there something wrong? Your gallery has been so successful and its upsetting that you're leaving. :(

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I am tired not ever making it into the Galleria so I'm saving all my goodies for fans

Um, until the last batch I posted to the Galleria, we had a backlog of nominations going back to before you even joined the forum. And, in fact, a couple of your pieces had been nominated and would have made it in eventually.

Buuuuuut since you've decided to take the stance of "if they can't see my work in the Galleria, they can't see it at all!" and remove your work, it'll never make it in. I was looking forward to putting Blue on Blue in there, but now I just have to close the nomination report.

Such a shame that you're letting your own self-pity deprive others of seeing your excellent artwork.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I hate to say it, but I agree with Pyro. Most of you pieces could have made it. Oh well, good luck in the "Better Place"

*Sigh*

You know sometimes I feel like I am wasting my time updating my gallery. Last comment was 11 days ago.

@Skitzo, thanks for the visit. ("I wanna see your work" then you don't go to see it despite being directed to the link). Man this hould be in the rants section.

But every now & then I get a comment like this: "your artwork is nice. inspired me a lot." & "Nice new art, Barbieq! They all look wonderful! You should enter some competition outside this forum lol

Awesome work, as always. :D"

The first comment makes me KNOW that I should keep updating my gallery. The second post makes FEEL that I should keep updating it.

Do I have any nominations? I don't know & it doesn't matter. I create art for me. If I get nice comments good. If I get some whipper snapper having a go, then I'll bite back if I feel they are wrong. Ok, so I have seniority but I have waited a long time.

Sometimes I create a work that I think is marvellous & others don't share my views. Other times I create something that I am not quite happy with but others think it's great.

I enter competitions & of course, I hope that I will win. For me the best part about the comps is seeing how everyone interprets a theme quite differently.

This forum is not like Fans. It reflects more the big world & it isn't perfect. Fans is more like a circle of friends. Here you will feel the heat at times or lack of it.

I like to leave comments on people's galleries but the favour is not always returned. The quality of my work does NOT depend on people looking at it. A tree that falls in the forest & nobody hears it, still falls.

In the immortal words of Australian Bush Ranger & totally bad dude, prior to being hung:

SUCH IS LIFE

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

I'm not leaving .. My deepest apologies for everything , yes I was going to but I am staying and I have changed the whole thing , it was so messed up . I have it all organized so you can find everything on one page .. Once again I am very sorry everyone .

@ Welshblue...I meant, in the title, when she was leaving, it said "Sokagirl's Gallery - Closed ~ Moved on to a better place"

That is what I meant by it.