Sign in to follow this  
SkullSplitter

The 'Mike Ryan' Signature Tutorial *Remake*

Wow! I've really fighted with this tut but I've learnt a lot, thank you for that. I have to keep trying because it not easy for beginners, at the moment these are my two attempts:

post-74608-127133446706_thumb.png

post-74608-127133448465_thumb.png

Aww too bad I was waiting for this tutorial but I can't make it because my damn hand is too shaky to make those straight lines :cry:

U can allways put ur mouse to low sensitivity, then click and hold the either right or left mouse button down, and use arrow keys to move the mouse around ;)

I did that on mine:

MRBlomdalen.png

Here's my first try. I had a slight issue with trying to get the shadow right.

coolbatman2.png

Edited by Jimez

34635676.png

I did an avatar instead of a signature. I think it would've looked better using version 2.

Wow, those 2 stripes are pretty close to each other.

And @Skullsplitter.

At that second outcome, which texture is that. Or where do you get those from?

/favorite

EDIT: Could you also make a Mike Ryan avatar tutorial? You know that purple/pink thingy with 'mr' in it.

EDIT2: My outcome; r2tdue.png

EDIT3: 2nd Outcome: 1zn9yer.png

Edited by Light

<====== ^_^ This tut taught me about Alpha Masks...they were always too scary for me to try in the past...lol ^_^

Anyways, I used bits of this tut to make my avatar

Hey, I'm here to help. On this step we are making the Alpha mask. That means a black and white picture which you use to cut out another picture, in this case the sig.

White represents opaque and black represents transparent. However we will be inverting the colors so black should represent opaque and white transparency up to step 3.

So, if you want to have a hole in the shape of a heartagram you should paste it on the mask in white because we invert the colors later.

Yes, it's a bit more confusing that way but that's how I wrote it in the tutorial.

Just do exactly what I say in the tutorial but instead of erasing in step 2, part 2 you paste in the heartagram in white.

Here are some useful tutorials on Alpha Masking: Alpha Masking tutorials by Crazy Man Dan - Frozen Text tutorial with a guide to Alpha Masks by m2lucky

boltbait.sad.png

SkullSplitter

Thanx for the tut, but your links here in post #15 and also in #1 lead to 404 Error. Cry.

EPIC Tut. GREAT results, and after looking at the original one, yours was MUCH more simple. Thank you :) Anyway, here's my outcome :)- (Yes it looks very similar to yours, but I just like doing almost exactly what the maker does, until I get used to it)

Signature2.png

Sign in to follow this