Glass Boxes/Windows | New + Better Pictures

flip

Hey all... Great tut, and gave me an idea thats a bit of a spin off... but same idea! Perfect for text, with a few tweaks! :D

29723_7658d8157bc830e67015779c98789d46

Now epic epiphany.

• 3 weeks later...

here is a picture of my adorable niece that i doctor'd using this very cool tut

Hidden Content:
emily.png

here is one using one of the sample pics that come with windows vista

Hidden Content:
WinterLeavesrender-1.png

here is another wallpaper i made using a vista pic i call it tranquility

Hidden Content:
tranquility.png

oh yeah here is a signature i made using your tut.

Hidden Content:
theonlychadgreen-1.png

i also tweeked it a bit and am currently using the one i tweaked.

this is such a simple graphic with great outcomes that are visually pleasing i have taken a liking to this. Thank you very much for the tutorial on this. Oh yeah i am new to graphic design altogether so i am learning :D i am really getting addicted to it and seeing the varying outcomes of the actions you can take in the program.

Edit: Fix'd broken Link

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

I'm really liking the stuff your coming up with, Chad. Looks pretty snazzy. Here's mine.

Nice tut. Easy to follow. Being a beginer as well, this game something I don't thinI would have come up with otherwise on my own.

sparxsig12.jpg

sparxsig8.jpg

thanks a lot man. I like the signatures you come up with they are tight. I really enjoy this program it really makes me want to go out and buy photoshop as well lol.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

ah yeah i will fix that i deleted the old one off my photobucket because i i wanted to showcase the one with the glow effect on it. Ill fix the link.

Ok, now I"m feeling embarassed. :oops: I got ti to work earlier, and now, I can't get this neat/nifty glass effect to work.

I get stuck on the step where you color the shadow black. When I do, it colors the whole layer, not the square, and I'm unable to select teh rectangle with magic wand, either. it just selects the whole layer. It's frustrating as I had the effect working for me before, and now it own't. Any suggestions? I've followed the tut exactly multiple times, and it keeps doing it...

sparxsig8.jpg

aye i ran into the same problem earlier lol... just lower your magic wand setting down to like 13% and select the rectangle keep it select and go to your shadow layer and paint the rectangle while it is still selected.

glad i could help man

You know what? The instructions were CLEAR, but I tried them and it totally just messed my picture up. Arggg, I don't see how this is easy. At all.

Edit: And somehow everyone else seems to get it right... I'm just following the instructions perfectly, step by step!

wow, havent been on forums for like 3 weeks!...

anyway, yes the instructions were a little wierd, it took me a few tries to get it right,

but thats because I knew PdN for a couple years now, so listen. Just learn about the features, and the names.

Ok? Then every other tut. would make soo much sense! Oh and take a visit to the rules too, their also important.

So good luck man, and have fun! :D

How would you get the picture under the glassy part to kind of be magnified? Would zoom blur work?

You could highlight the part you want magnified and copy it to a new layer. Use the layer properties to zoom it on the Rotate/zoom... then select the empty area on either side and invert the selection. Merge layer down, make a new layer, and proceed as normal! See the kitten pick below... I used it there.

29723_9ffc771ef654a8a07d1dfa8f8a04c3c5

Now epic epiphany.

Many thanks "flip" for the tutorial. It must have been the trickiest 'easy five steps' that I've done in a while and, hadn't it been for the help of Skitso's posts, I'd never have gotten it. I think the trick is in the amount of tolerence used when using the magic wand. I found that even tho' the "ants" were there when I went back to a layer, I still needed to use the wand.

What a great effect though! many thanks.

acorn_for_paint.gif

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Man.. I love this tut.

wamy5h.png

Everything Correct?

Since I loved this tut So Much, I dropped it in my blog's header. I'll be giving you credit.

Serious graphics up in that post. ;)

Man.. I love this tut.

wamy5h.png

Everything Correct?

Since I loved this tut So Much, I dropped it in my blog's header. I'll be giving you credit.

Man.. I love this tut.

wamy5h.png

Everything Correct?

Man.. I love this tut.

wamy5h.png

Everything Correct?