Opening pdn file error

Hello,

I was developing a pdn file and it was working fine until i saved it and tried to reopen it. it now gives me this error :"There was an unspecified error while opening the file" and it will not open the file. I saved it and didn't see any errors. Is there anyway to recover it? I'd hate to lose all the work i've put in. I have a JPEG of it, but I'd like to have the layers and everything else. I can send the file to anyone who wants to help me out.

thank you so much in advance.

megadith

Careful. It hadn't quite been 24 hours when you bumped your post. Watch out for the rules. It's considered very rude.

It has been over 12 hours, though, so I won't lock the thread this time. Just look out for it in the future.

As for your question: Did you rename the file at any point? Did you add a period to the filename while saving? Are you certain that you saved the file as a .PDN by choosing that filetype in the "Save As..." drop down menu, and not just by typing ".PDN" after the filename?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

My apologies for bumping it too soon. Thank you for being considerate :-)

you know, after you've mentioned that, I must have saved it as a jpg but with a pdn ext. I changed the ext to jpg and it loads fine now. shoot!

Please tell me there is a way to magically get it back...

thanks for you help.

Nope. There's no way, I'm sorry. Make sure you change filetypes from the drop-down menu.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.