Sign in to follow this  
A Fleeting Glimpse

AFG A couple of works with PDN

AFG, this is the most mystifying image I've seen so far. It makes me think about the different dimensions there are in the world. Love the person peeking at the gorgeous scenery.

There is so much to see in this image. It has a wonderful atmosphere, dark & mysterious & yet the bright bits give hope. I like the little animal at the bottom with the grass. It shows that there is much wrong with the world but there are so many good things too. A beautiful composition. Well done AFG!

Great atmospheric piece.I have a few surrealistic photo-manips myself, but have not quite captured your dream quality.If you have the time check them out and give me your opinion. I would be most grateful.

Truly wonderful mate. A thought provoking image, beautifully made.

Edited by welshblue

Thought I would show some of the resent work I have been doing

all are a mix of painting with pdn and photoshop, Shadow Stallion

is more PS painting with only the background created in pdn

I don't think you should resent any of your work mate :P:lol:

Just reiterating what I've said on Fans ... a true joy what you paint and as big a joy to view it.

I've been lucky to make some good friends with some truly talented people in my time here and there

AFG, wonderful works. I have to just sit & look...so much to see & more ideas pop into my head the more I look. Deep & mysterious these last 2.

Found some free time and opened up PDN......... Welcome Rd is a take on some of the places I have found myself over the years and the abstract is just that an abstract of the art journey    :smile:

Is that you a Mod now Barbie   :smile:

Welcome Road looks like an estate opposite me ... 3 drugs raids the other day ... although I'm not sure the shaved head look is synonymous with being a thug  :evillaugh:

Great drawing mate.  Makes you think tho' how many people who have never worked, find the time to lift weights ...

Love the abstract.  Just enough going on to occupy the mind without being busy.  Not something everyone can do.

A pleasure to see something from you 

Gosh, I only saw the first one, the Welcome Rd one.

The abstract is very daunting, atmospheric. One gets a sense of getting lost or overhwelmed by bigger things & darkness too. Well done on that one too!

First off, I'm happy of your appearance on this board. Just the other day I was thinking how you haven't been on here (or DA) in a while. It's so interesting how that happens.

Beautiful new works. The first one, the gangster guy (thug?) reminds me of the area where my family and I used to live and the people who lived there resembled the character you drew. I love the font you chose for the sign--graffiti-like. Really cool.

I LOVE the abstract. Somewhat "M.C. Escherish." Really interesting technique you have going on there. The tiny sunset is a stroke of genius. For some reason, that detail adds so much color to the whole image regardless of the darker-themed subject.

I can't say which is better. They're both unique.

The first image has quite a good shading. And the second is really twisted, yet it reminds me of ice cubes. ^^

Barbie, Welsh, Helen and Beta0, thanks for the comments, the first one was inspired by this video,

"https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=331012070358567

The second one comes from how we start off with art and progress and learn to express our thoughts and learn the rules of art don't always apply 

Edited by A Fleeting Glimpse

Wonderful tow new works AFG, I like the flow in both, Amazingly how the human figures enhancing the whole depth.! I tried to cover them with my fingers, I lost the depth-3D effect.

It is always nice to see you mate and see your invaluable art.

• Upvote 1