AFG A couple of works with PDN

• 3 weeks later...

@ Barbieq : i was trying to give him that look you see in old photographs, where they look suspicious , curious and struggling to keep a straight face all rolled into one :lol:

sokagirl & chrisco97 : everyone can paint and draw, some do it naturally while others have to learn, even the great artists went to art school :)

I agree with you that everyone can draw. Some need to learn and others just have a talent.

I have say again that the portrait is A-Mazing! It looks so real. The shading is done perfectly and the eyes have so much expression. Wow! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@ Frontcannon : i think he has more of an Anthony Hopkins look to him :)

Absolutely bleeping fantastic mate. I guess I was wrong about him gonna be a viking ...

Wrong this time mate but it has given me more ideas :)

@ j.d.melek : thanks for taking the time to leave a comment , its really apprieciated. :)

Like I mentioned on the other forum, the man's face has so much expression. His clothes are so realistic and superb. Wait a second...I just noticed something. No wait. That can't be true. His sheriff star just glistened and I swear I could see the corners of his mouth turning into a smile. :!: :!: :!: :!: Wow!

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@ chrisco97 : glad you like it , thanks :)

@ Welsh : the scarf is a mix of Sargon's method and a few additions of my own, the shirt is more traditional methods adapted to suit PDN and the sheriff badge comes from none other than Welsh metal texture, i may change the background at some point , looking forward to starting on the collab mate :)

@ Helen : i don't know if its the same with other art software but PDN seems to work better (for me anyway) if i start with a light base and add shadow rather than dark and add highlight, which is a bit back to front but it works better when using blur to blend and fade :)

@ Sokagirl : always a pleasure to hear from you, one day i will be commenting on your portraits :)

@ Possum : it's thanks to you mate posting Mark's work that the sheriff took shape in the first place, and because of that, if you want i will happily send you the PDN files for the head and body so you can see how it all comes together, it may take a bit of figuring out as i don't type a name for many layers, well what do you expect im (allegedly) an artist not a secretary (no offence meant to secretaries of the world) :lol:

Again, another place I haven't commented in but thought I had. Guess you know that I love it.

As noted on DA:

Incredible! Just incredible!

I've enjoyed watching this one come to life.

Your artistic skills & tenacity have certainly paid off.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@ chrisco97 : glad you like it , thanks :)

@ Possum : it's thanks to you mate posting Mark's work that the sheriff took shape in the first place, and because of that, if you want i will happily send you the PDN files for the head and body so you can see how it all comes together, it may take a bit of figuring out as i don't type a name for many layers, well what do you expect im (allegedly) an artist not a secretary (no offence meant to secretaries of the world) :lol:

That would be really cool, and a great learning experience for me. Thanks again, so very much.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 3 months later...