Probably a basic question: how to include palette in image?

I'm editing something in Paint.Net, but I'm running into some trouble because the instructions are made for photoshop users, even though it can be done in Paint.Net or other art-editing programs.

Anyways, here are the instructions. Please keep in mind that they are tailored to Photoshop users as you read through them.

Before saving you must give a palette to the image.

* Go to Image > Mode > Indexed Color.

* Be sure to uncheck the 'Transparency' box.

You can usually use 256 colors, but some images need a smaller palette (you will know it when you go to the next step).

* In the 'Palette' box select: Local (Perceptual) and type a small number.

What I need to know is how to access these options of Transparency and Palette. If someone could walk me through it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Also, if it helps, I'm using Paint.Net v 3.31.

I'm editing something in Paint.Net, but I'm running into some trouble because the instructions are made for photoshop users, even though it can be done in Paint.Net or other art-editing programs.

Anyways, here are the instructions. Please keep in mind that they are tailored to Photoshop users as you read through them.

You can usually use 256 colors, but some images need a smaller palette (you will know it when you go to the next step).

What I need to know is how to access these options of Transparency and Palette. If someone could walk me through it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

First and foremost, update to Paint.NET 3.36. As you can see in the rules, Rick Brewster, and thus the Paint.NET forum, doesn't support older versions of PdN.

As for your question: I'm not entirely clear on what you want to achieve. Are you trying to save a custom palette?

First and foremost, update to Paint.NET 3.36. As you can see in the rules, Rick Brewster, and thus the Paint.NET forum, doesn't support older versions of PdN.

As for your question: I'm not entirely clear on what you want to achieve. Are you trying to save a custom palette?

Okay, I updated to the latest Paint.Net.

I'm trying to add a palette to the file itself. When I'm finished editing these sets of pictures, I'm supposed to run a program that accesses my edited files to create one new file that combines them all together.

When I try that, however, I get the following error message:

"error:

TCSetPalettes: file 08lucarioface/tex#00_09+1.tga has no palette

total alloc: 273845

total freed: 273845"

I'm trying to add a palette to the file itself. When I'm finished editing these sets of pictures, I'm supposed to run a program that accesses my edited files to create one new file that combines them all together.

"error:

"error:

"error:

I can't direct link you to it because the tutorial's link looks like this: file:///C:/Users/Linda/Desktop/smashhack/readme.htm#english

If you need to see it, you'll have to download "ASH: Automatic Smash Hack" from this place, and inside the .zip file, you will find a "readme.htm" that contains the information on what I'm trying to do.

Sorry if I'm making anyone go through any trouble to answer my question, in other news...