Sign in to follow this  
cazaron

Confidence

Keep you oxygen levels up by breathing slightly deeper and slower than usual.

This quite naturally leads you to pause more often when speaking, and makes the pauses slightly longer (this gives the listener time to mentally catch up).

Filling your lungs before you start a sentence gives you more time to think about what you're about to say.

This is a wonderful technique for slowing the heart rate too!

Keep you oxygen levels up by breathing slightly deeper and slower than usual.

This quite naturally leads you to pause more often when speaking, and makes the pauses slightly longer (this gives the listener time to mentally catch up).

Filling your lungs before you start a sentence gives you more time to think about what you're about to say.

This is a wonderful technique for slowing the heart rate too!

...but you have to know them somewhat imo to go out with them.

That's what dates are for... to get to know the person.

You can always break it off if you find out that you don't like them. You don't have to marry someone just because you went out on a date with them.

I can tell you this: going out on dates is way more fun than not going out on dates. :P

Yeah, that requires me having to have a job for money for dates. xD

I really cant get one with my school schedule and sports... >.< and age in some places :/

You can always break it off if you find out that you don't like them. You don't have to marry someone just because you went out on a date with them.

I can tell you this: going out on dates is way more fun than not going out on dates. :P

I really cant get one with my school schedule and sports... >.< and age in some places :/

Here is some help with presentations:

If you are nervous about giving a presentation in front of a class of your peers, ask yourself why you are nervous. Once you know why, you can formulate a plan to deal with it.

Most people are nervous because they think that one of their classmates will ask them a question that they don't know the answer for.

Please understand that this is completely normal. And, probably will happen.

But, now that you know it will happen, you can plan for it.

When someone asks a question that you don't know the answer to, don't stammer and blush, etc. Don't fake an answer. Just say to them, "I didn't run across that when doing my research. I'll look that up and get back to you later today."

Responding that way will not only make you look smart, but very helpful as well. I bet your instructor will give you extra presentation points for an answer like that!

Hope this helps.

If you are nervous about giving a presentation in front of a class of your peers, ask yourself why you are nervous. Once you know why, you can formulate a plan to deal with it.

Most people are nervous because they think that one of their classmates will ask them a question that they don't know the answer for.

When someone asks a question that you don't know the answer to, don't stammer and blush, etc. Don't fake an answer. Just say to them, "I didn't run across that when doing my research. I'll look that up and get back to you later today."

Responding that way will not only make you look smart, but very helpful as well. I bet your instructor will give you extra presentation points for an answer like that!

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Hope this helps.

Body language has been mentioned briefly previously, but there is something rather interesting about it. If you have defensive body language (folded arms ect) then you are also in a mentally defensive frame of mind, if you have a more open stance, (arms by your sides) you also have a more open mental approach. Each affects the other. Sales people use this info to their advantage, you can be sitting there with your arms folded & this means you are less likely to buy whatever it is they are trying to sell you. They'll hand you a brochure or offer you a drink or something and because these don't allow you to keep your arms folded your mental approach opens up meaning you're more likely to buy something.

I hope this is useful :)

Body language has been mentioned briefly previously, but there is something rather interesting about it. If you have defensive body language (folded arms ect) then you are also in a mentally defensive frame of mind, if you have a more open stance, (arms by your sides) you also have a more open mental approach. Each affects the other. Sales people use this info to their advantage, you can be sitting there with your arms folded & this means you are less likely to buy whatever it is they are trying to sell you. They'll hand you a brochure or offer you a drink or something and because these don't allow you to keep your arms folded your mental approach opens up meaning you're more likely to buy something.