Sign in to follow this  
cazaron

Confidence

Be yourself. If you try to change who you are you become less comfortable with yourself and the environment you are in. As long as you are yourself, shy or not, you should be fine. :mrgreen:

Ash hit it right on.

Just wondering, is it like with women? I myself am kinda crappy at just casually getting a chicks # or something. :?

Be yourself. If you try to change who you are you become less comfortable with yourself and the environment you are in. As long as you are yourself, shy or not, you should be fine. :mrgreen:

Ash hit it right on.

Just wondering, is it like with women? I myself am kinda crappy at just casually getting a chicks # or something. :?

Ash hit it right on.

If you need confidence for asking a girl out (I,ve been there mate, and this worked for me)..

Don't come on too strongly...Just ask her casually...and if she says no, don't get upset about it...Just say "Okay" or something, just don't react too strongly...Even if you're rejected the first time, your reaction may influence the next time you ask.

If you need confidence for asking a girl out (I,ve been there mate, and this worked for me)..

Don't come on too strongly...Just ask her casually...and if she says no, don't get upset about it...Just say "Okay" or something, just don't react too strongly...Even if you're rejected the first time, your reaction may influence the next time you ask.

The trick to asking a girl out is to ask her out as soon as you meet her.

That way, if she says 'no,' you have invested nothing and it is no big deal.

The problem most people have in this area is that they wait until they get up the courage to ask and before that time, they've built up this entire relationship in their mind and would be devistated if she says 'no'.

So, do yourself a favor and forget any girl you have on your mind right now (you've invested too much in her to ask anyway) and ask the next girl you meet if she wants to go out. You might get 10 'no's in a row, but then you'll get a 'yes' and everything will be wonderful*

Seriously, just do it!

*not really, but that's another "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" story.

The problem most people have in this area is that they wait until they get up the courage to ask and before that time, they've built up this entire relationship in their mind and would be devistated if she says 'no'.

So, do yourself a favor and forget any girl you have on your mind right now (you've invested too much in her to ask anyway) and ask the next girl you meet if she wants to go out. You might get 10 'no's in a row, but then you'll get a 'yes' and everything will be wonderful*

Seriously, just do it!

*not really, but that's another "grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" story.

Seriously, just do it!

Seriously, just do it!

Nice strategy about asking them out early (really it is, never thought of it like that), but most of the people my friends introduce me to I know nothing about.They go to another school like 90% of the time. :?

There are a lot of times where ill like somebody and realize there is a specific quality(like they smoke or aren't too bright) that turns me off. Ill try your method next time I want to ask some1 out, but you have to know them somewhat imo to go out with them.

Nice strategy about asking them out early (really it is, never thought of it like that), but most of the people my friends introduce me to I know nothing about.They go to another school like 90% of the time. :?

There are a lot of times where ill like somebody and realize there is a specific quality(like they smoke or aren't too bright) that turns me off. Ill try your method next time I want to ask some1 out, but you have to know them somewhat imo to go out with them.

My humble suggestion,

(and that Toastmaster is a wonderful resource)

Whatever the venue/audience, the one crucial element is a passion for your subject matter - find a niche in whatever title you speaking on - something that you find enthusiasm, knowledge, and a quality to share about it with others. You just may surprise yourself.

My humble suggestion,

Whatever the venue/audience, the one crucial element is a passion for your subject matter - find a niche in whatever title you speaking on - something that you find enthusiasm, knowledge, and a quality to share about it with others. You just may surprise yourself.

My humble suggestion,

My humble suggestion,

...but you have to know them somewhat imo to go out with them.

That's what dates are for... to get to know the person.

You can always break it off if you find out that you don't like them. You don't have to marry someone just because you went out on a date with them.

I can tell you this: going out on dates is way more fun than not going out on dates. :P

You can always break it off if you find out that you don't like them. You don't have to marry someone just because you went out on a date with them.

I can tell you this: going out on dates is way more fun than not going out on dates. :P

Keep you oxygen levels up by breathing slightly deeper and slower than usual.

This quite naturally leads you to pause more often when speaking, and makes the pauses slightly longer (this gives the listener time to mentally catch up).

Filling your lungs before you start a sentence gives you more time to think about what you're about to say.

This is a wonderful technique for slowing the heart rate too!

Keep you oxygen levels up by breathing slightly deeper and slower than usual.

This quite naturally leads you to pause more often when speaking, and makes the pauses slightly longer (this gives the listener time to mentally catch up).

Filling your lungs before you start a sentence gives you more time to think about what you're about to say.

This is a wonderful technique for slowing the heart rate too!