Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

For those interested in my logic, 

Depreciated is an accountancy term which roughly means "diminished value".

Deprecated means "don't use this".

• Upvote 1

Performance Update

I've improved the speed and performance, upgraded jquery and bootstrap libraries, and made some minor UI fixes again with recent changes. When loading and using the app, there should be a noticeable difference.

What makes it faster? Instead of toggling the visibility of individual elements on the page, it is now building the html in a JS variable and replacing the entire list html. This way the browser does less work overall. Comparing Chrome performance results, scripting and rendering time has been halved. Comparing Firefox performance results, Layout & DOM time/cost has been halved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

September Update

Lots of new goodies for all! Enjoy!

Equirectangular Diffuse Transform MJW Transforms an equirectangular environment map into an equirectangular diffuse map that can be used to apply diffuse lighting to a height map

Local Stats Denoising Filter MichaelVinther Noise reduction filter. Works by averaging similar texture patches to reduce noise and at the same time preserve edges and details. Use to improve photos taken at high ISO values.

*This one is still in development*

Make-3D zaya Outputs a faux 3D image where the 3rd dimension (height) is determined by intensity of the color.

Perlin Noise Generator zaya Perlin Noise engine.

Replace Colors + Palette Cipheroid Swap and change colors by typing them as a list. Also the option of using an incremental palette, which clamps RGB colors to increments of a value (useful for limiting colors to a known value).

zKaleidoscope zaya Transform a selection into a mandala (radial symmetry based on some slice of the largest possible circle that can fit in the selection).

• Like 3

Wow - this area is 'buzzing :)  Thank you Plugin developers 🎂 and a big 😘 to @Ego Eram Reputo for updating this thread every month!

October Update

Eight new plugins this month - all of them from Xhin.

toe_head2001 has also released a bug-fix and improved performance version of TR's Displacement Map (v2.1)

Enjoy B)

Advanced Kaleidoscope Xhin Turn an image into a kaleidoscope with many options & features including reflections in a number of different axises.

Color Magic Xhin Recolor an image in a variety of ways with many fine-tuning options. The plugin is designed to keep colors in reasonable proportion to one another,

Cubic Transformation Xhin Distorts an image using Pyramid, Tube, Convex & Concave settings amongst many other options.

Glass Blur Xhin blurs an image in a proportional way to its lightness while keeping some darker outlines intact. It ends up either looking like you're looking at the image through thick glass, or the image itself is made out of glass.

Polar Kaleidoscope Xhin Performs a polar transformation on the source image then applies a kaleidoscope effect.

Polar Reflection Xhin Reflect part of an image outwards in a polar-like way. Alternatively 'clamp' part of an image. Many options & features.

Rectangular Inversion Xhin Turns an image inside-out via polar coordinates

Trace Xhin Trace works like Ink Sketch (and similar plugins) with reduced number of artifacts and fine-tuning options.

• Like 2

I know it's nothing to do with me, and no way in meant to dis-respect xhin as there's some good plugins this month, but should Glass Blur be included yet whilst it's crashing paint.net ?

At the very least a warning that using lasso or ellipse select will crash the programme.  Not always immediately

NA anymore

Edited by welshblue

Should WebP Filetype plugin be labeled as integrated now or on the next index update? I recently updated and receive this message in the plugin errors output.

image.png.fc61140611e4cbf2f217bcebfae87af5.png

I also see now it was noted in the 4.2.5 release notes too.

• New: WebP images are now supported due to bundling @null54‘s excellent WebPFileType plugin (v1.3.0.0)

• Upvote 1

Quite correct. I'll flag it the entry for some attention.

DDSFileTypePlus is also bundled (since 4.2.2) so I might as  well add that to the update list.

Just remember, the DDS filetype plugin is only bundled at a certain point. If you have a newer DDS plugin installed, it will take precedence...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Just remember, the DDS filetype plugin is only bundled at a certain point. If you have a newer DDS plugin installed, it will take precedence...

The same applies to the bundled WebP plugin.

Also, the DDSFileTypePlus description should be changed now that Paint.NET no longer has an 'internal' DDS filetype.

Perhaps it should say something like:

Bundled with paint.net 4.2.2 and later, allows paint.net to open and save some of the DDS formats introduced in DirectX 10 and later.
Source code has been made available on GitHub.

9 hours ago, SodiumEnglish said:

Should WebP Filetype plugin be labeled as integrated now or on the next index update?

I am not sure that tagging the plugins as integrated is appropriate, as it may imply to users that the plugin is finished and will not receive any more updates.

As @Rick Brewster stated in the release notes for 4.2.2,  paint.net will still search for the bundled plugins in the FileTypes folder, and will use the newest version it finds.

Read his blog post for more details.

https://blog.getpaint.net/2019/09/18/paint-net-4-2-2-is-now-available/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wonder then if Bundled could be a new status type for the index but if there are only two that apply it might not seem worth it and just keep them labeled active. Though that depends on if more could be bundled in the future. I do agree now that it is a gray area and doesn't really apply as integrated.

There are only 2 today, but that number could grow. 

• Like 1

I have no problem adding Bundled  as a new status. It will only require a few minor tweaks to the code behind the Index.

• Like 1

That's where certain plugins are placed when paint.net is installed. These plugins are supplied with the installation package, so you don't have to download them separately.

You can still download & install the latest release of the plugin. It will be used if it is newer than the bundled version. This allows you to use any recent updates to the plugin without waiting for a new release of PDN.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:11 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I have no problem adding Bundled  as a new status. It will only require a few minor tweaks to the code behind the Index.

I've added the new "bundled" status as Active (Bundled) because the two plugins with this status are both active and bundled. This is the same pattern we've been using for Active (New) and it works in the same way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

November Update

Six new plugins this month. Enjoy B)

Invert Anything Xhin Invert a wide variety of things: Red, Green Blue, Hue, Saturation, Contrast, Alpha & more.

Lattice Transform Xhin Takes a triangular section of an image and tiles it over the entire image. Similar to a six-sided kaleidoscope with resultant hexagons.

Polar Singularity Xhin Mirrors an image in an acorn-like shape towards a vanishing center point.

Rectangular Corner Fade bluebuiy Fade the corner of a selection. Like feathering, only significantly stronger. No option to control the strength of the effect.

Remove Black Xhin Turns black pixels into transparent pixels. Remaining pixels are altered into alpha versions of themselves depending on their darkness (smooths the effect).

Spherical Bulge Xhin Creates a bulge-like effect within a custom circular radius

• Like 3

Suggestion - For any author that does not have an working link. Please hide all of them when choosing authors by default and give users the option to see them because history.