How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Ego Eram Reputo
Ego Eram Reputo
Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

A mighty fine job you do sir, respect for the hard work put into this every month. Congrats on the millionth page views too.  :star:   

BREtKQW.png

EER, you are a legend!

I use True Blur a lot in my images but for the life of me couldn't find it... :tard3:

Congrats on the page views...see how vital this work is.  <3

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thanks guys!

@BoltBait:  If only we could turn page views into cash.  We could retire early :)

Passed the 600th effect mark last night.  I think the Plugin Index has doubled in the number of entries.

Revision should be ready for the April update.  

Unfortunately the Forum post limit will not allow all the new information to be held in the posts.  I intend to revert to a simpler listing on the forum and make everything else available in the PDF.  Epub and Kindle versions will be updated the following month and won't be available this month.

• Upvote 2

Wobble is part of Ed Harvey Effects.

Very hard to find. No thread, no dll with the effect name.

More proof (if any was needed) of the importance of EER's current project. Keep it up EER and congratulations on the million page views!

Xkds4Lh.png

Final count for the Plugin Index is 629 entries (the previous version had 460).

PDF now extends to 36 pages (previously 15). 

April  (major) Update

The Plugin Index has been completely revised this month.  There are 630+ listings in the index. This means that it is too large to be posted in the forum :( I've therefore abbreviated the forum listings and included the extra data in the PDF.

Sorry, no Kindle or Epub versions this month. I have a life too! I'll hopefully have these version updated for the May edition.

New this month:

Homeworld2 ROT file import - @susgeorgesu. Import Homeworld 2 ROT image files as used in the game 'Home World 2' by Sierra Entertainment, Inc.

Also new is this filetype plugin:

Spritesheet Export Plugin - @MadDugan. Saves a multilayered sprite sheet to a single layered file with the layers positioned side-by-side.

I've found time to format the Epub and Kindle versions.  Attached to the first post.  Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much!  I am new to Paint.NET and this will be a huge help to me.  I am learning so much about it by reading the book too!  I didn't know it could do so much.  Thank you, thank you.

bethg7

Thanks bethg7.

Glad you're enjoying my book and finding the Plugin Index useful. Paint.NET is certainly extremely powerful when you spend the time required to get to know it. It's fun to play with too!

• 3 weeks later...

May Update

Three new plugins this month, including a new filetype plugin.

Bevel Object - @Red ochre. Apply different shaped bevels to an object, with either parallel or perspective lighting at a full range of angles. Bevels types: convex round, inset convex, convel bevel, convex chamfer, double convex, convex linear-flat, convex flat-linear, concave round, inset concave, flat.

IFF ILBM (Amiga) Loader - @Zombieman. Loader for IFF ILBM images (native file format of the old Commodore Amiga computers). Supports loading HAM6 and HAM8 modes (and in theory HAM5 and HAM7 modes). Does not handle IFF24 images (max 8-bit images).

Measure Selection - @Martin Osieka. Take measurements of an active selection or the whole layer. Option include setting the unit, dpi and scale. Useful for mapping or technical drawings.

• 1 month later...

June Update

Four new plugins this month:

Bezncurve - @Red ochre. Render open and closed curves with 6 control points.

CMY Ghost - @TechnoRobbo. Distorts the colors in a similar manner to Adjustments > Invert Colors, or the Psychocolor or Psychedelic plugins. Options include tweaking the colors with respect to Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Alpha.

EdgeFader - @TechnoRobbo. Fade the hard edge of an object. Like feathering, only stronger.

Lens Distortion Correction - . Distortion correction effect. Also displays meta data (Exif).

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

July Update

16 new plugins this month including the WSQ filetype and no less than 13 new plugins from @TechnoRobbo (who's been a busy boy then?).  Welcome to first time authors @archip  and @odalet

Cycle HSV - @TechnoRobbo. Rotate color values according to Hue, Saturation and Value (Brightness).
Distort this! - @TechnoRobbo. Distort a layer via four control points. Useful for distorting, stretching or skewing.
Fish Eye - @TechnoRobbo. Fish eye distortion plugin.
Full Spectrum Posterizer - @TechnoRobbo. Posterize an image with individual control over the separate RGB channels.
Layer Cake - @TechnoRobbo. Slice an image into concentric circles and applies incremental rotations to each slice.
Line Tracer - @TechnoRobbo. An edge detection / lineart effect with options to configure Line Width, Threshold (strength of the effect) and Color.
Noise Bleacher - @TechnoRobbo. Desaturates and adds noise to an image. Options to control the desatiration hues and noise intensity.
Offset - @TechnoRobbo. Offset the layer or selection in horizontal and/or vertical directions. Image wraps at the edges. A less complicated version of the Panelling Effect.
PasteFill - @TechnoRobbo. Tiles the clipboard image across the canvas until fill. Much like Tile Fill from Clipboard
Radial Prism - @Xhin. Changes the hue of the image in a reflecting circular prism-like pattern.
Stray Pixel Remover - @archip. Removes pixels which are surrounded by transparent pixels. More poetically, it removes opaque islands in a sea of transparency.
Tessellation Combo - @TechnoRobbo. A pair of plugins to offset an object then tile it from the clipboard.
TR's Displacement Map - @TechnoRobbo. Enlargement/distortion effect.
TR's Scatter - @TechnoRobbo. Neat effect which simulates the image being eroded into individual pixels by a strong wind.
TR's ZigZag - @TechnoRobbo. Apply waves, ripples, zigzags and vibrato type distortions.
WSQ file type - @odalet. Load and save WSQ files. The WSQ (Wavelet Scalar Quantization) algorithm is a compression algorithm used for gray-scale fingerprint images. Developed by the FBI.

Is There a way you can make a "Download All" button? I like to have a bunch of plugins just in case I need them, but I really do not want to go to go down this huge list.

Please??? :D 

Is There a way you can make a "Download All" button? I like to have a bunch of plugins just in case I need them, but I really do not want to go to go down this huge list.

Ha I'm not sure that's such a great idea...paint.net loads slow enough with just 300 of them xD

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

No chance.  One plugin used well is worth 300 that were installed and never used.  Listen to what pdnnoob and welshblue are telling you about this.