How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Ego Eram Reputo
Ego Eram Reputo
Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

Всем привет и спасибо за плагины из Южной Украины (Южноукраинск)

Hi, all and thank you for plugins from South Ukraine (Juzhnoukrainsk)

• 2 weeks later...

March update. Three new plugins added:

Fill from Clipboard

OpenRaster Filetype

DragFrom

OpenRaster plugin is a filetype and has been added to the filetype list.

New entries appear between horisontal lines in the Index, and are prefaced with the notation *New*

In the pdf, new entries appear on a green background.

• 4 weeks later...

EER, something for the April update: I couldn't find evanold's Quadrilateral Reshape in the index. No Q's at all in the index.

Xkds4Lh.png

@Djisves: The effect is part of Evan's plugin pack:Evan's Effects v1.1. I don't list the effects contained in plugin packs unless they have been released in their own thread. This is because it is just too difficult to keep track of what is in, or has been dropped from, a plugin pack.

April update. Two new plugins have been added:

Heightmap

Wavelet Haar 2-tap

There have been no additions to the list of filetypes.

New entries in the Index appear between horisontal lines and are prefaced with the notation *New*

• 4 weeks later...

May update

One new plugin this month:

Reverse Colors -Selectively reverse the values of any of the RGBA channels.

Also flagged as new is:

Perlin Texture - Creates brilliantly colored patterns

Perlin Texture appears as "new" because it had been missed from the Index previously :(. Apologies to @MadJik for the omission.

There have been no additions to the list of filetypes.

As usual:

New entries in the Index appear between horisontal lines and are prefaced with the notation *New*

• 1 month later...

June Update

Two new plugins this month.

Hide / Reveal Stenography Hide (and reveal) images within another image. Similar in concept to BoltBait's Stenography plugin with more options.

WebP Filetype Load and save Google's WebP filetype. Added to the Filetypes list

• 5 weeks later...

July update

Three plugins added:

Highlight - @Red ochre

Creates the twinkly highlights you find in a photo that is taken towards the sun, highlights on water or metallic text.

XNB format - @r2d2rigo

Filetype. Loads XNA 4 uncompressed Texture2D & XNBs compiled for Windows or Windows Phone. No save option.

Tweak Transparency - @Red ochre

Thicken outlines, set transparency minima & maxima, bevels & shadow/halo effects

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for keeping this pdf up to date. It's good to see my plugins included - makes me feel like a real programmer!

I didn't reply earlier because I didn't want to ruin your chances in the 'most read/downloaded - least replied to, competition;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

You ARE a real programmer! We have the plugins to prove it.

RE: most read/least replied - It's a sad fact: July pdf = 2718 downloads and not a single 'rep' boltbait.sad.png . Nevermind, I got two for the post above yours - so I feel loved boltbait.big_smile.png

155 downloads, 600 views, no response - I WIN!

- probably my fault - halfway through posting I received terrible news (my Dad died)- so I just wanted to get off the PC and grieve. So not the greatest intro - And I quite like the silence.

Still, playing around with numbers and silly computer languages is a useful distraction.

I've got an improved version of 'contour' - but when I publish, I will specify 'replies not tolerated' - and probably get some!

Don't want to bring anyone down - but life is short - laugh when you can and when you shouldn't - personally I consider religion the best joke - paint real pictures with oil paint - it hasn't been bettered in nearly 600 years, and although pdn is wonderful, eyes, pencil and brain are still the best way to learn about the world (visually).

However pdn has shown me the beauty of trigonometry - if I'd understood those curves as an adolescent, things would have been different!

Think I've gone off topic here - never mind.

Thanks again for the unsung work and thanks to the others I read and never bother logging in to respond to ;(Barbq, welshblue , etc,etc)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

August update

Two plugins added. One new author who arrives with a new filetype plugin! B)

Psychocolour - @Red ochre

Produce a large range of psychedelic colour effects

JPEG XR - @Chrysler

Filetype. Load and save JPEG XR (aka HD Photo) image files

• 1 month later...

The first of the month update is late because.....of a very good reason.

September Update:

Two new plugins this month, including new author maccas who chimes in with a very nice first plugin.

*NEW* Add Depth - @maccas

Add (the appearance of) depth to a 2D shape on a transparent layer.

*NEW* Red Ochre's Plugin Pack - @Red ochre

Plugin Pack Six plugins: Tweak Transparency, Highlight, Psychocolour, Tweak Edges, Contour and 'Earths and Greys'

• 4 weeks later...

There are no new plugins for the scheduled October update.

It's been a quiet month :)

• 1 month later...

Back on schedule with the November Update:

Five new plugins this month, including three fileypes and three new authors:

Composition tool -

Tool to help with cropping/rotating of photos (i.e. composition grids to help line up important features). Also has configurable aspect ratio with a range of preset sizes.

Im(age)PDF filetype -

Filetype. Allows Paint.NET to save images as PDF documents.

Manual Color Correction -

Change colors by transforming one color into another. Similar to the ""Manual Color Correction"" tool in Paint Shop Pro.

OptiPNG file type (Updated) -

Filetype. Updated version of OptiPNG (fixes some security vulnerabilities). Functionality is same (source based on previous version OptiPNG by ). Compresses the PNG filetype when saving images.

Paint Shop Pro FileType -

Filetype. Allows Paint.Net to load and save Jasc's Paint Shop Pro format.

Glass orb generator no longer functions with the latest release of Paint.net and has been marked accordingly. If it is not updated soon I'll go ahead and mark it Obsolete :(

In another thread, Djisves suggested that I....

...start publishing the PDF index bundled with your "How to Install Plugins" guide. I'm sure all newbies will appreciate it.

That's not a bad idea. But I don't have a "How to Install" guide. There are at least three guides already available (Paint.net documentation, the 'Guide to Installation' thread and BoltBait's website). I'm sure there are more out there.

So answer me this: Should I bundle an installation guide with the Index or would it be more appropriate to provide the links to the existing guides? Or both?

My bad... I meant to write BoltBait's guide. I got carried away because I was posting in his thread.

I should not be one to judge, but I find BoltBait's better. However, links to all guides (that you can find) is perhaps the best idea.

Xkds4Lh.png

I'm leaning towards the link idea myself. I'll give this a spin next update. Thanks for the idea!

• 3 weeks later...

The plugin Index is just a jumping off point so users can find the plugins more easily.

Some plugins are collated into packs (by the author). The best-of-the-best are pinned to the top of this section of the forum. I'd start by downloading and installing some of those.

For help on installation: http://forums.getpai...roubleshooting/

December Update

Two new plugins and a plugin pack feature in the December update.

Ahmed's Plugins - @AhmedElyamani

Plugin Pack. Contains: Color Switch, Clarify, Lines Fractal & Text 3D

Shatters - @black2hack

Break up an image into fragments.

Squircle - @Red ochre

Render 'squirkle' shapes from rounded lozenge through circle to square.

Updated: BoltBait's plugin pack (finally!)

Added:

• Links to the three guides to installing plugins.
  • A warning to only ever download plugins from links posted on the Paint.net forum.