How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Ego Eram Reputo
Ego Eram Reputo
Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

November Update

Here's a few new toys (and a couple of old ones) to play with....

Dents Classic Ed Harvey The original version of the Dents effect. This version has a more complex UI than the one built into paint.net, and adds Stretch and Edge Behaviour options

Green Tint Reduction toe_head2001 Intelligently reduces the amount of green tint in an image without introducing magenta as a by-product

ImageInText xod Creates text mask using the source layer as the text fill, alternatively creates transparent text within the source layer

Julia “plus” MadJik Based on the built-in Julia fractal effect, this version has more configurable options. Magical Plugins Megapack.

Polar Inversion Plus Ed Harvey Some of the Plus features have been incorporated into the built-in Polar Inversion effect. This original effect has additional options in the 'Edge Behavior' list (primary color, secondary color, transparent, original)

Tournesol (Sun flower seeds) MadJik Creates spiraling strings of seeds or beads in vivid color. Magical Plugins Megapack.

Woven Photo Ego Eram Reputo Overlays edging and shadowing to make the source image look like it has been woven out of narrow strips.

@MadJik  (to EER: only 4 left orphans!)  <-- I saw that!!! :lol:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

December Update

Only two new plugins this month. Both are quite exceptional!

Brush Filter beta v1.0 Joshua Lamusga Apply paint.net Adjustments and Effects with a brush. Select an effect, a brush, brush behavior and draw to apply the effect (imagine painting where the strokes reveal the filtered image). Supports dynamic brushes and custom brushes.

Filter Forge 7.0 filterforge Powerful filter tool which runs as a standalone app, or within paint.net using the Photoshop filter plugin PSFilterPDN by null54. Filter Forge can create new filters, textures and effects or download and apply from an extensive online library. The built-in filter editor is intuitive and easy to use. FF 7.0 must be purchased but generously offers has a free 30 day trial.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 02.12.2017 at 4:12 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

December Update

Only two new plugins this month. Both are quite exceptional!

Brush Filter beta v1.0 Joshua Lamusga Apply paint.net Adjustments and Effects with a brush. Select an effect, a brush, brush behavior and draw to apply the effect (imagine painting where the strokes reveal the filtered image). Supports dynamic brushes and custom brushes.

Filter Forge 7.0 filterforge Powerful filter tool which runs as a standalone app, or within paint.net using the Photoshop filter plugin PSFilterPDN by null54. Filter Forge can create new filters, textures and effects or download and apply from an extensive online library. The built-in filter editor is intuitive and easy to use. FF 7.0 must be purchased but generously offers has a free 30 day trial.

Thanks for the mention. I opened the thread where I tried to describe how Filter Forge works in short tutorials and images: 

@Ego Eram Reputo

Hey Ego, while I have used Paint.NET for a long time I am new to using the forums. Your index is a really useful tool and thanks for keeping it updated! I wanted to share with you a tool I made, using your index data, allowing people to filter and search the plugins in your index. I of course credited you and linked back here for people interested. I have it publicly available on GitHub here and using GitHub Pages "PDN Plugin Index" so that it is available all the time and can be updated with each revision. Do you think this is a good idea? Is it okay to use your index data in this way? If you think it is okay, would you consider sharing it/linking it in the first post?

Edited by SodiumEnglish
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Agreed!

I'm working with @SodiumEnglish (NaUK?? :lol:) to see if we can integrate his search into the PI forum listing. If we can, I can remove the multiple posts and the great long lists, which (to be honest) I've never really liked.

January Update

Happy New Year everybody!!

Five new plugins this month...

Align Object xod Align an object within the layer. Options to align vertically (Top, Center & Bottom) and horizontally (Left, Center & Right), or both simultaneously.

Fill from Palette MadJik Fills the canvas or the selection with all the colors of the active palette, in a 16x6 grid. Magical Plugins Megapack.

GuideLines xod Draws guiding lines as an aid to drawing, alignment & sizing.

Melting MadJik This effect takes the top of the selected region and distorts to make it appear as if it was melting. Magical Plugins Megapack.

Smooth Noise MadJik A noise generator which uses repeatable patterns and smoothing formula. Options to specify the cell size and pattern size as well as many other options. Magical Plugins Megapack.

The really BIG news is that there is a brand new format for the plugin index!

@SodiumEnglish came up with this amazing search engine for the Plugin Index. I was so impressed I stole it. Not really. We collaborated on replacing the tired old manual listings with a flash new search-able listing. I do hope you'll find it an exciting and refreshing way to search the Index.

The big benefit for me is a massive time reduction in posting the monthly revisions (I used to post the separate listings by hand - ouch).

@SodiumEnglish deserves all the credit for this wonderful tool. I do hope you'll load him up with ''rep'' points for his part in transforming the Index for our benefit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Really? That surprises me. What do you get?

Also: which browser are you using?

14 hours ago, BoltBait said:

I'm using Safari. 

I'm not sure how much this will help but what version iPhone and Safari were you using? What doesn't work when you try: page doesn't load at all, page loads but plugins don't show, page loads but everything looks wrong, everything loads but search controls don't work, etc.? Screenshot if possible or relevant?

Edited by SodiumEnglish

After the page loads, this is what it looks like on the iPhone (6s Plus):

Index1.jpg

There are no scroll bars, so I can't see all of the search options and I can't see the list of effects. Two finger scrolling doesn't work. Zooming doesn't help.

I click on "Keywords" and my keyboard comes up.  I press the letter "F" and I get this screen:

Index2.jpg

Is it the same in landscape orientation?

Ok, buy me an iPhone so I can debug this properly :lol:

Thanks Lynxster. We are still working on the layout and styling, so expect a few minor changes.