How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Ego Eram Reputo
Ego Eram Reputo
Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks Pixey and Seerose.

Seems to be a word or two missing from the description of TechnoRobbo's Color Waves.  I'll sort this out this evening.  Sorry TechnoRobbo!

• 4 weeks later...

March update

Six new plugins this month for you to enjoy.

Barcode - @toe_head2001. A re-release of @Sepcot's Barcode plugin. This version adds new features and fixes some bugs. Barcode formats: Code 39, Code 39 mod 43, Full ASCII code 39 and POSTNET.

Gossamer - @Red ochre. Renders fine cobweb like lines from the edges of the contents of the layer or selection. Plugin uses two steps: first identifies (in red) the edges, second renders the fine lines.

Radius Corners - @toe_head2001. Round off the square corners of an image, with nicely anti-aliased edges. An update to dan9298's Radius Fill Corners plugin

Screen Pixel - @toe_head2001. An update of Bleek II's ScreenPixel plugin. Use it to breaks an image into it's constituent RGB components.

TR's Filaments - @TechnoRobbo. A simulation of time lapse of writing with light. You place the nodes and the plugin draws fine filaments in a continuous curve through all the nodes. Many options to control filaments and colors.

Windows Metafile FileType - @Martin Osieka. Imports Windows metafiles and renders them to Paint.NET bitmap layers. Supported types are WMF, EMF, EMF+, and the compressed variants WMZ and EMZ. There is a very basic implementation of export to EMF.

• Upvote 3

@ERR! Thank you for the effort and thanks to all who have worked with. rjfnkkar.gif

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 5 weeks later...

April Update

A swag of new plugins this month.  There's something for everyone :D

Alt to LayerSaver - @Martin Osieka. ***********STILL IN DEVELOPMENT ******** Saves layers ans individual files in PNG, BMP, GIF or JPEG format.

Bevel Object - @BoltBait. Works just like BoltBait's Bevel Selection; simulates depth by adding an emboss type highlight and shadowing to an object. Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

CSV (comma separated values) Filetype - @Ego Eram Reputo. Saves the image as a text file containing the pixel RGBA information in numeric format.

Cuboids - @Red ochre. Turns an image into rectangular areas with the illusion of depth. The effect is adjustable between simple pixelating and one point perspective images resembling tower blocks.

Feather Object - @BoltBait. Feathers or fades an objects edge. Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

ImAGIF - @midora. ***********STILL IN DEVELOPMENT ******** Loads and saves animated gif files.

Inner Shadow - @BoltBait. Projects a shadow from the object's edge inwards or away from the transparent surrounding pixels. Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

Lines/Grid - @ReMake. Creates vertical/horizontal lines or grids. Line width and coloring options. Also available in Russian.

Neon Edges - @ReMake. Simulated neon glow around the edges in an image. Options: line thickness, glow intensity, hue & saturation.

Object Tools - @BoltBait. A mini pack of effects which work on objects (groups of pixels with surrounding transparency). Bevel Object, Feather Object, Inner Shadow, Outline Object, Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

Outline Object - @BoltBait. Outlines an object by wrapping it in a customized edge. Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

PNG Sprite Matrix - @TechnoRobbo. Takes all visible layers in a PDN image and arranges them into a Matrix as close to equal height and width as possible. Hidden Layers are ignored. Usage: File > Save As > Sprite Matrix (*.png).

TinyPNG - @toe_head2001. Save filetype plugin that uses the TinyPNG service to compress images. TinyPNG is a lossy compression system which maintains transparency and most visual quality. Note: An active internet connect is required. The plugin will send your image to a third party service (TinyPNG), and download the compressed version. You should read TinyPNG's Terms of Service, and you need to sign up for your own API key.

TR's iPollock - @TechnoRobbo. Abstract art generator inspired by the works of Jackson Pollock (think: paint drips, dribbles and splashes).

• Upvote 4

OMG - it feels like Christmas with all these goodies - thank you developers one and all :D

Thank you @EER for your work and devotion in keeping us informed every month smiley-love016.gif 

EDIT:  FYI  - The Feather Object link at the beginning of BoltBait's info goes to the wrong link ;)

Edited by Pixey

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

ERR! Many many thanks to all who helped write plugin. Very sincere thanks to which they impart to us every time.  :beer:  :pizza:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you Pixey & Seerose.

Pixey - you're right. Most of BoltBait's new effects are incorrectly linked. After I completely missed them last month too. Sorry BoltBait. I blame Excel's auto-increment :(

Here are the corrected links

Bevel Object - @BoltBait. Works just like BoltBait's Bevel Selection; simulates depth by adding an emboss type highlight and shadowing to an object. Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

Feather Object - @BoltBait. Feathers or fades an objects edge. Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

Inner Shadow - @BoltBait. Projects a shadow from the object's edge inwards or away from the transparent surrounding pixels. Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

Outline Object - @BoltBait. Outlines an object by wrapping it in a customized edge. Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

And the pack link:

Object Tools - @BoltBait. A mini pack of effects which work on objects (groups of pixels with surrounding transparency). Bevel Object, Feather Object, Inner Shadow, Outline Object, Part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack

• Upvote 1

Hi Jechome - the corrected link goes to the correct page as it's part of BoltBait's Plugin Pack. See under the heading Effects > Object menu ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Errr . . .  I do not know what you mean by that the hyperlink was corrected.  It still leads to the discussion topic page . . . I do get that it is part of the pack, but the hyperlink for the individual plugin "Outline Object" still goes to that random forum page.

Deviantart Gallery: www.shaminchi.deviantart.com

Links in the post immediately above have been fixed.  They lead to BoltBait's plugin pack (v4.x).  I don't think Outline Object has it's own thread.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Note that I'm also in the process of updating all the older links to BoltBait's plugin pack (they are still showing above) .  The Plugin Index itself will have to await the next revision at the end of the month for these changes to take place.

I had just noticed that the Outline Object in the Plugin Index, which is marked as "New", is a hyperlink that leads to some odd forum thread that is definitely not about Outline Object.  I would assume that a possible revision for that would be done though, as you had stated, at the end of the month, since it is something that would be corrected within the Plugin Index.

Deviantart Gallery: www.shaminchi.deviantart.com

• 2 weeks later...

May Update

Three new toys for you to play with...

Level Horizon - @BoltBait. Correct photos which have been taken on a tilt by levelling the horizon.
Paint.Net Scriptor - @HurryK. Write composite effect scripts in a javascript-like-language. Allows the splitting of the original image into its composite parts on order to apply effects on each separate part and blend them together again.
What's It? - @Martin Osieka. Identify files by looking for a specific signature in the file content. Can correct improperly assigned extensions.

• Upvote 4

Many thankies to @EER for the May update 84150.gif  

Also thank you's to @BB (I love the Plumb-bob) :) @HurryK and @Martin for their work.

I hope @EER that you didn't have any problems with the Earthquake just reported.  I think you are on the North Island, so perhaps didn't feel it?

But ............ it sounded scary, especially so close to the one in Nepal :( .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@ERR! Thank you all for the plugins. rsn76g7r.gif  8ixedti9.gif

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

... I hope @EER that you didn't have any problems with the Earthquake just reported.  I think you are on the North Island, so perhaps didn't feel it? ...

Sometimes New Zealand is named the Shaky Isles. Every year in New Zealand is registered around 20,000 earthquakes.

Scott, as far as I know , You live in the North of the South island. I hope the consequences of the earthquake hasn't touched You?

• Upvote 2

I hope the consequences of the earthquake hasn't touched You?

I echo this. Hope all is well and your all safe :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Thanks NiteNurse, Pixey, Remake & Seerose.  I'm fine.  I didn't even feel this quake - thankfully.  I'm based just north of Christchurch (east coast of South Island - about half way up).  We got hit hard by the Christchurch quakes.  The city is still massively disrupted.  Place looks like a bomb hit it - and this is four years on :(

This was our wakeup call: http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/3908-the-off-topic-thread/?p=334243

Then we got this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Christchurch_earthquake

186 people lost their lives in the largest quake.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

June Update

Some really nice plugins this month.  Something for everyone surely....

Most of these authors have also published the source code to their plugins.  I'm always stunned at this generosity & helpful attitude.  You guys are great.

Circle Fractal - @AhmedElyamani. Creates a circular fractal similar to a stylized snowflake. See post #16 in the thread for 3.5x version.

Display Color Change Direction - @MJW. Reinterprets an image into a recolored version using multiple hues shifted from the original. Source available. See post #41 for 3.5x version.

Eliminate Black/Eliminate White - @ReMake. Eliminate Black removes dark areas from an image. Eliminate White removes light areas. Source available.

HSV Eraser - @MJW. Remove any color from images using the Hue, Saturation and Value color space. Many options including Tolerances which are used to specify a range of closely associated hues. Source available.

Linocut - @ReMake. Mimics the Linocut printmaking technique which uses grooves cut into a sheet of linoleum to create a relief surface. The grooves appear white, the rest of the image black - unless inverted. Also available in Russian. Source available.

Spirit Level Photo Effect - @Martin Osieka. Rotate a layer using a virtual spirit level. Ideal for misaligned horizons in photos. Note: the rotation is limited to the range +/- 45°. Many options to rescale or refit the image to the canvas.

Sponge Effect - @ReMake. Simulates painting with a sponge. Options include Brush Size, Roughness and Intensity. Also available in Russian. Source available.

TR's Radial Extruder - @TechnoRobbo. Takes the base image and repeats it in radial slices eminating from a common center point. Think of a circular cake that has been sliced from the center many times. Source available.

• Upvote 3

The Circle Fractal source code is located in post #10 of the plugin thread.

PSFilterPdn has been open source since version 1.0.5.0, but as the general code needed for a Windows Forms based Effect plugin is less than 2000 of the roughly 39000 lines I am not sure how useful it is to other developers. :)

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

PSFilterPdn has been open source since version 1.0.5.0, but as the general code needed for a Windows Forms based Effect plugin is less than 2000 of the roughly 39000 lines I am not sure how useful it is to other developers. :)

To maintain this piece of sw is great for the users because it opens a larger  world.

midoras signature.gif

June Update

@ERR! Thank you very much for the info, and for your effort. h4ojtkbq.gif m4bl2rpg.gif

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 5 weeks later...

July Update

Three new plugins this month

MultiSpline - @Red ochre. Renders a series of closly spaced 'splines' (a spline is a smooth curve through points). Uses either random displacement or the source layer as it's base. Large number of options to customize the effect.

Texture Shader - @MJW. Uses the current layer as a height map to texture an image held in the clipboard. The clipboard image will appear to have shading and displacement applied as defined by the black and white height map. For 3.5.11 compatible version see post #20.

TR's Croquis - @TechnoRobbo. A French word, croquis means "sketch". The plugin mimics a quick pencil sketch of the contents of the selection or layer.

• Upvote 3