How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Ego Eram Reputo
Ego Eram Reputo
Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

Again, thank you NiteNurse. You're promoted to Sub Editing Full Under Secretary, Ok? :D

2D-ImageFilter Library is one of the effects I hadn't got around to checking (too much leg-work :lol:). Thanks for the info.

• 4 weeks later...

September Update

An astonishing array of new plugins this month.  There are 11 in total - except that three are from last month.  I forgot them :( However, they're back!! :D

I have to make special mention of the Plugin Browser. This is an astonishing plugin which allows you to locate and run effects from within paint.net. There are a number of different search options, location, author, keywords, etc...., Plugins compliant with the Plugin Browser will show a preview image. Thanks to the Dwarf Horde (TechnoRobbo, Red Ochre, BoltBait & myself) for this very impressive piece of kit. Try it!

Here they are:

Basic Edge Detector - @AnthonyScoffler. Used to make outlines that reduce the data needed to analyze an image, deducing areas of interest, and enabling the use of many interesting edge-based effects.

Callicolour - @Red ochre. Create beautiful colored ribbons by setting four control points. Many coloring options.

Channel Operations - @AnthonyScoffler. Perform a number of operations like addition, subtraction, multiplication, division etc…, on a selected red, green, blue, hue, saturation, value, or alpha channel (or rgb or hsv all at once). Channel swapping is also supported.

Chroma Key/Green Screen - @mgeorgiady. Pair of plugins which allow for the removal of solid backgrounds from images. Simple Green Screen works with green or blue backgrounds, Simple Chroma Key with any color background.

Cutter - @MOP3E. Create an image map with this simple intuitive interface. Select regions of the image and save the necessary sub-images and code to recreate the original image. A number of code formats are supported including HTML.

Gears - @Red ochre. Render a glorious variety of gears, cogs, wheels, bearings, pulley, sprocket, chainwheel, nuts and other circular shapes. Configurable spokes, teeth and number of faces plus a huge number of other options.

Plugin Browser - @TechnoRobbo. Locate, search and run effects from within the Plugin Browser. List installed plugins by Menu, Author, Alphabetically or by Keyword(s). Bookmark and add comments to your favorite plugins. Find information on plugins and see an effect preview image (where available). Extensive inbuilt documentation.

StringAndPin - @Red ochre. Mimics String Art (aka Nail and Yarn) by stringing colored lines evenly between three fixed points to form abstract geometric patterns. Relocatable "pin" ponts & many coloring options.

TR's FilmStrip - @TechnoRobbo. Creates a proofsheet style image from a series of video grabs. Number of colums in the finished compilation is configurable. Note that the two support files are essential.

TR's Intensity Warp - @TechnoRobbo. Re-map pixels within an image by the intensity. Supports textures, gradients and custom textures. Some very nice metallic sheens are possible.

Truncate Resolution - @AnthonyScoffler. Simulates resolution loss by taking the values of each color channel (and optionally the transparency channel) and snapping them to multiples of the given number. An image with 8 as a number converts each color channel value to a multiple of 8.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

October Update

Six new plugins this month including an update to the RAW file reader (filetype) by new author @cefoot.   Also appearing is a Russian translation of Codelab 1.8.

CodeLab in Russian - @ReMake. CodeLab v1.8 recompiled in Russian.

RAW File - @cefoot. Paint.net 4.x version of RAW File. Note: this is a file reader, so there is no option to save in the RAW format.

Reticulation effect - @ReMake. Creates a pseudo-reticulation effect (in film photography reticulation is wrinkling, cracking the emulsion layer of film). Options include Size and Density. Also available in Russian.

TR's Alpha Mapper - @TechnoRobbo. Graphically adjust how brightness translates to transparency. Useful for blending images.

TR's Custom Shape Filler - @TechnoRobbo. Fills the layer or selection with multiple copies of a specified png in varying sizes and rotation.

TR's Export Selection - @TechnoRobbo. Exports any selection from the active layer (including irregular shaped selections). Exports to the PNG format.

• Upvote 2

How did people cope before the plugin index (and plugin browser)?! ;)

Many thanks for all the hard work you put in E.E.R - and thanks to all the plugin authors too.
(TR's Custom shape Filler is a 'must have' in my opinion).

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

You're welcome Red.  I agree about Custom Shape/Random Filler - it's very useful.

I really don't know how people coped prior to the PI.   I first posted the PI back in June 2009 (gosh - 5+ years ago!) because I thought the plugin area needed tidying up.

I've updated it monthly since then.  I have every edition archived.  I was thinking it would make a great April Fools joke to reprint one of the early ones :devlish:

Who would have thought it would take over my life like this??  Or am I just a bit obsessive/compulsive? :lol:

Hi EER,

Thanks for the updating Plugin Index.
The Plugin Index has grown a lot. Your work must also have grown in as much. :D

I too think that TR's Custom Shape Filler is must have. :)

Rl7un0O.png

You Dear Sir, are a King of Kings.  Life would be unimaginable without your devotion to helping us here on the Forum.  I can't even imagine how one would cope without all the updates and help offered by you :beer: .

Obsessed - NAH .........................  ;)

z48UGug.png

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you Pixey & Pratyush!

It's true.  I am a King, and Lord and Master in my own home.  Just as long as that's all right with the Queen.... :mrviolet:

• 5 weeks later...

November Update

Eight new plugins for paint.net users to enjoy. ENTIRELY FREE!

Facet - @Red ochre. Reinterprets an image by turning it into a height-map-like facsimile composed of crystal/pyramid shapes of various heights.
Interchange File Format - @Martin Osieka. FileType plugin which loads files in some of the IFF file formats. No save option is supported. IFF is a container format which may contain numerous data types (images, animations, documents, audio, video, ...). This format was used on Atari and Amiga computers in the 1990's.
Radial Fade - @Rei. Gradually fade an image to transparent from the center to the edges (or vice-versa). The transparency gain over distance to the center is modulable, as well as the circle size.
Saturation RGB - @ReMake. Separately adjust the saturation of the red, green and blue color channels.
Toggle Alpha Channel - @wbeard52. Modify the alpha channel by resetting the Alpha value (subtracting the alpha channel value from 255). CodeLab source code included.
TR's Intense Filtration - @TechnoRobbo. Color filter and color augmenter, with options to set the hue, gain, intensity and also to fade in the changes.
TR's Paste Frame - @TechnoRobbo. Custom frame maker which uses a clipboard image to create a frame.
TR's Third Dimension - @TechnoRobbo. Turn 2D Images into 3D Images and Terrains where brightness becomes the apparent height (the Third Dimension).

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

December Update

Two new offerings this month - both from new authors.

Alphalizer - @Rider01. Changes the image's alpha channel based on the original pixel colors, modified using the selected method.

PolyGlitch (Glitch Effects) - @gsuberland. Plugin pack of 'glitch' effects. Effects include: 3Displace, CodeBook, Cumulative Math, Xor, Addition, Interlace Lines, Pixel Drag, Quad Flip, Row Shifter, Quadratic Looper, Render Raw File. Helpful HTML file included.

• Upvote 3

December Update

@ Sir! Many many thanks for sharing. 

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Seerose & Pixey - you're welcome.

Red Ochre has given me an idea for a Christmas plugin - perhaps it will be done ;)

• Upvote 1

Seerose & Pixey - you're welcome.

Red Ochre has given me an idea for a Christmas plugin - perhaps it will be done ;)

@ERR! @EER! I'm curious what is on great plugins.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Just a little something to spread some Christmas cheer ;)

Just a little something to spread some Christmas cheer ;)

Prepare yourselves, Drawves are coming. ;)

Edited by Pratyush
  • Upvote 1

Rl7un0O.png

• 4 weeks later...

January Update - Happy New Year!

Two plugins to share this month.

Parallel Lines and Patterns - @Martin Osieka. Draw parallel lines or patterns or fill a region with them. Like an enhanced paint.net Fill Style.

TR's Snow Flake Maker - @TechnoRobbo. Generates iterative fractal-like snow flakes.

I hope you're all enjoying a festive season and a great start to the new year.

If you're lacking a new year's resolution - why not resolve to support our favorite image editor by making a donation? It's easy! Check this out http://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

• Upvote 2

January Update - Happy New Year!

sy9lij5f.gif3wsrmdmo.gif

Many thanks, for taking the time to host these plugin for us.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

You're welcome Seerose :)

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

February Update

Five new plugins to play with this month....

Dr Scott's Markup Renderer - @Ego Eram Reputo. Render markup including web pages, tables, text, XML and complex mathematical equations (MathML, TeX or LaTeX formats) straight to the paint.net canvas. Note: rendering of math equations requires an internet connection.

Inner Shadow Selection - @BoltBait. Applies shadowing from the edge of a selection which fades towards the inside of the selection. Very similar to Object Inner Shadow, but this works with selections and not objects. BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v4.0

Object Inner Shadow - @BoltBait. Inner Shadow projects a shadow from the edge of an object inwards. The shadow fades as it extends inwards. The natural twin to Drop Shadow in many respects. Part of BoltBait's plugin pack (3.5.x and 4.x)

TR's Brush Strokes - @TechnoRobbo. Redraws the contents of the layer/selection with simulated brush strokes. Options: Texture, Stroke Width, Stoke Direction, Bristles.

TR's Color Wave - @TechnoRobbo. Finds the borders between (not shades) and allows the user to interpret the ripples as they fan out in waves from the epicenter.

• Upvote 3

@ERR! Thank you to all new february plugins update, and for the sharing. yh5rsl3i.gif

Gandhi

mae3426x.png