How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks ReMake. I'll fix this for the next release.

June Update

Just the one plugin this month. @toe_head2001 has given us a new version of the OptiPNG filetype plugin.

OptiPNG toe_head2001 Updated version of OptiPNG. The plugin compresses the files when saving PNG images. Supports added for UI themes & image resolution is retained. Bundled OptiPNG executable is v0.7.7. Place both OptiPngFileType.dll and optipng.exe in the FileTypes directory. Source available.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

July Update

One new plugin this month.

Charts and Graphs BoltBait Create colorful graphs and charts with options to import external data. Many types are supported.

BB-chart-graph-demo.png😎

• Like 2

August Update

One new plugin this month, and it's pretty darn cool. Enjoy 😎

Image Distortion  xod Distort an image using a range of different patterns. Requires OptionBasedLibrary (supplied) be installed

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MoraisFox said:

Is there any pack with ALL PLUGINS included? With all of them in a .rar or .zip? 

Sorry, no. Due to the different licensing of the plugins, it would a difficult endeavor to put together legally.

Who would want all of the plugins anyways?

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

1 hour ago, MoraisFox said:

Is there any pack with ALL PLUGINS included? With all of them in a .rar or .zip? 

No.  But, many of the more prolific plugin authors have packs of their own plugins you can download here: 

https://forums.getpaint.net/forum/44-plugin-packs/

Download a few of those and you'll have more plugins than you'll ever use.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Small change to the index today. I've changed the term Depreciated to Deprecated. The latter term more accurately describes the status of plugins in this category.

I also removed the default check for this checkbox.

**Raises hand**

What's the difference?

EDIT - I see the difference. Never mind, insomnia.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

For those interested in my logic, 

Depreciated is an accountancy term which roughly means "diminished value".

Deprecated means "don't use this".

• Upvote 1

Performance Update

I've improved the speed and performance, upgraded jquery and bootstrap libraries, and made some minor UI fixes again with recent changes. When loading and using the app, there should be a noticeable difference.

What makes it faster? Instead of toggling the visibility of individual elements on the page, it is now building the html in a JS variable and replacing the entire list html. This way the browser does less work overall. Comparing Chrome performance results, scripting and rendering time has been halved. Comparing Firefox performance results, Layout & DOM time/cost has been halved.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

September Update

Lots of new goodies for all! Enjoy!

Equirectangular Diffuse Transform MJW Transforms an equirectangular environment map into an equirectangular diffuse map that can be used to apply diffuse lighting to a height map

Local Stats Denoising Filter MichaelVinther Noise reduction filter. Works by averaging similar texture patches to reduce noise and at the same time preserve edges and details. Use to improve photos taken at high ISO values.

*This one is still in development*

Make-3D zaya Outputs a faux 3D image where the 3rd dimension (height) is determined by intensity of the color.

Perlin Noise Generator zaya Perlin Noise engine.

Replace Colors + Palette Cipheroid Swap and change colors by typing them as a list. Also the option of using an incremental palette, which clamps RGB colors to increments of a value (useful for limiting colors to a known value).

zKaleidoscope zaya Transform a selection into a mandala (radial symmetry based on some slice of the largest possible circle that can fit in the selection).

• Like 3

Wow - this area is 'buzzing :)  Thank you Plugin developers 🎂 and a big 😘 to @Ego Eram Reputo for updating this thread every month!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

October Update

Eight new plugins this month - all of them from Xhin.

toe_head2001 has also released a bug-fix and improved performance version of TR's Displacement Map (v2.1)

Enjoy B)

Advanced Kaleidoscope Xhin Turn an image into a kaleidoscope with many options & features including reflections in a number of different axises.

Color Magic Xhin Recolor an image in a variety of ways with many fine-tuning options. The plugin is designed to keep colors in reasonable proportion to one another,

Cubic Transformation Xhin Distorts an image using Pyramid, Tube, Convex & Concave settings amongst many other options.

Glass Blur Xhin blurs an image in a proportional way to its lightness while keeping some darker outlines intact. It ends up either looking like you're looking at the image through thick glass, or the image itself is made out of glass.

Polar Kaleidoscope Xhin Performs a polar transformation on the source image then applies a kaleidoscope effect.

Polar Reflection Xhin Reflect part of an image outwards in a polar-like way. Alternatively 'clamp' part of an image. Many options & features.

Rectangular Inversion Xhin Turns an image inside-out via polar coordinates

Trace Xhin Trace works like Ink Sketch (and similar plugins) with reduced number of artifacts and fine-tuning options.

• Like 2

Should WebP Filetype plugin be labeled as integrated now or on the next index update? I recently updated and receive this message in the plugin errors output.

image.png.fc61140611e4cbf2f217bcebfae87af5.png

I also see now it was noted in the 4.2.5 release notes too.

• New: WebP images are now supported due to bundling @null54‘s excellent WebPFileType plugin (v1.3.0.0)

• Upvote 1

Quite correct. I'll flag it the entry for some attention.

DDSFileTypePlus is also bundled (since 4.2.2) so I might as  well add that to the update list.