Another plug-in suggestion

Xander_Lyon

So my last suggestion was for a type of "gradient+" that would let you bend and drag the different gradient tools in pdn. Another idea I've had is for a sort of "perspective map". Essentially you would partially automate roll, rotate and zoom settings. Of course you can do this by copying those settings per object, but if you could place all of your objects you wish to follow the same perspective focal point (whether it be the exact center like for a road or off to the side for say the hull of a ship) on one layer, then run the plug-in, you could map each object to the correct angle for your given perspective. Considering the code limitations I'm slowly learning in pdn, my mental method for doing this may not work. I'm imagining a grid that's essentially a point somewhere on the screen with several radial "spokes" coming from it out to the edge of the screen. Every image on the layer would be selected and they could snap between spokes and then zoom in and out from almost nothing at the focal point to a larger version near the edge of the canvas. So am I crazy? Would this be useful or even remotely possible?

Of course the simple fix would be a layer you would turn off and on that has a perspective map to make sure objects on other layers are properly rolled, rotated and zoomed. Maybe a much simpler plugin would be one that would simply render the perspective map. It would ask how many spokes you wanted and where you wanted the focal point and bam, there you go. Then just erase that layer when you're happy with your picture.

galactic_military_sig2.png

So my last suggestion was for a type of "gradient+" that would let you bend and drag the different gradient tools in pdn. Another idea I've had is for a sort of "perspective map". Essentially you would partially automate roll, rotate and zoom settings. Of course you can do this by copying those settings per object, but if you could place all of your objects you wish to follow the same perspective focal point (whether it be the exact center like for a road or off to the side for say the hull of a ship) on one layer, then run the plug-in, you could map each object to the correct angle for your given perspective. Considering the code limitations I'm slowly learning in pdn, my mental method for doing this may not work. I'm imagining a grid that's essentially a point somewhere on the screen with several radial "spokes" coming from it out to the edge of the screen. Every image on the layer would be selected and they could snap between spokes and then zoom in and out from almost nothing at the focal point to a larger version near the edge of the canvas. So am I crazy? Would this be useful or even remotely possible?

Of course the simple fix would be a layer you would turn off and on that has a perspective map to make sure objects on other layers are properly rolled, rotated and zoomed. Maybe a much simpler plugin would be one that would simply render the perspective map. It would ask how many spokes you wanted and where you wanted the focal point and bam, there you go. Then just erase that layer when you're happy with your picture.