Sign in to follow this  
worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

I got the SUPERHOT game some time last year as part of a dirt cheap bundle, but I didn't play it until this evening.

Fun game, but I'm glad I didn't pay the full price of $25. I beat the campaign in just over 2 hours. :/

Back in 2014, I was one of many who wanted 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' for PC.

Five years later, it's coming to Steam! And it includes Halo Reach, which was not part of the release for Xbox in 2014.

Exciting stuff for me, since I prefer PC gaming over console gaming.

https://www.windowscentral.com/halo-master-chief-collection-pc-everything-you-need-know

https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 1

I'm enjoying Diablo 3 on the 360. The cartoon sounds of combat are brilliant. And smashing random stuff never ceases to appeal!

Level 15 Monk.

Skeleton King took a few attempts to defeat. The Butcher took just two.

Most of my gaming is retro now as I can not afford a new current gen console or to upgrade my PC. Perfectly happy with this as I have a backlog of unplayed games some of which date back to before the turn of the century.

Currently playing original Xbox Splinter Cell: Double Agent widely regarded as the last really good Splinter Cell game.

Love stealth games, cut my teeth on PS Tenchu and went on to play most of its later iterations. Stealth highlights include Deus Ex, Thief: Deadly Shadows and I always enjoy a FPS where stealth is an option like the underrated game: XIII.

Perversely I was and still am not a big fan of MGS, or at least the main games. For me where they soar to levels of sophisticated stealth and puzzle challenge gameplay you rarely see even now (Splinter Cell being a notable exception) are the 'VR' missions and challenge modes some of the games include like MGS2: Substance. Stealth and timing cleverly reduced to their purest levels.   

Edited by IHaveNoName

I'm just going to leave this screen shot here...

InProgress.png

Players of the http://2048game.com will know the feeling...

(BTW, this screenshot is from a Scratch version of the game.)

EDIT: My final score was 79740.  A new record for me.

• Like 1

Two weeks ago I upgraded my graphics card. :D  It had been 6 years since my last upgrade. Now that I can play contemporary titles again, I've started playing Destiny 2. Everyone tells me it's a great game, but there are way too many cutscenes; it's quite obnoxious.

I'm also looking forward to playing Borderlands 3, Halo Reach (on PC), and the System Shock reboot.  I still need to play the newer Battlefront 2 as well.

• Like 1