Sign in to follow this  
worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

Recently made a video / montage / trailer set to the song "Feel The Love" by Rudimental for Forza Horizon.  I have fraps - I plan to make more of these when I get my new PC (~$200 away at the moment) and a few games I like.  I enjoyed getting to drive around and capture footage of my own cars and my own driving for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh-bAgR-sRU

I will add that Forza is an excellent series.  The Horizon game is a nice, arcade-style racer with a few more realistic elements to make the driving lots of fun.  The customization is also the best I've ever seen in a racer.  

There.  Now I'm not just shamelessly advertising my video.  

Edited by AGJM

Most bang for your buck: Buy some VC games on Wii Shop Channel, or surf the used bin at Gamestop for some oldie/goodie PS2 games. The old stuff is still the best.

Yeah. I got all of the Strong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People games from VC. And I still play the heck out of the Sly Cooper series for PS2, Playing them since 2008, and they still don't get old

Edited by teh501stSnoipeh

51dC-TGrvAL.jpg

In my opinion, this was the best DLC in the history of ever.  In the past year or so, I've been getting more and more into D&D, and the story and humor was spot-on for me.  Doubleplus awesome.

I'm sad that no one watched the video.

Anyone here watching the news on Battlefield 4 or Forza 5?  I've pretty much all but dropped out on the Destiny bandwagon (Bungie game).  

Battlefield 4 looks more like a revised edition of BF3, or what BF3 should have been, rather than an entirely new game.  However, a lot of new features have been added, as well as a lot of cosmetic changes.  It will be more familiar, I guess, than I had hoped.  And the Chinese Support soldier looks sort of silly.  http://www.trueachievements.com/customimages/020447.jpg

Forza Motorsport 5 looks fantastic.  They removed a good feature - namely, the auction house - but it was rampant with hackers soon after Forza Motorsport 4 had been released.  The fact that they have a high-resolution "Forzavista" (formerly "Autovista" in FM4) model of every single car in the game amazes me.  I loved exploring the few cars they had in the Autovista in FM4 in such high detail.  I can't wait to see the new ones.  The only negative I can think of on FM5 is that, as with almost all of the other Forza games, you can't buy the full game for $60.  You have to choose what pre-order bonus car you want (I was supposed to get the Aston Martin from pre-ordering the $80 Forza Horizon LCE from Amazon in November, but the code wasn't there and I never got it), then, if you want all of the cars that are added to the game, it's $50 for the season pass.  The only reason this bothers me is because the cars don't add too much longevity to the game.  Rather, after buying the season pass, you might log on once a month to see what new cars are there.  Half the time, you might not be able to afford them with the in-game cR currency.  Also, even if you don't have the DLC, you still have to drool at that new Lamborghini, Ferrari, or whatever else every time you are scrolling along to buy a new car.  There is, lastly the slight downside in multiplayer that is that you cannot see exactly how long the DLC car someone else is driving is, unless you own the DLC.  If you don't, you see a short Volkswagen sedan that doesn't give any sort of hint as to how wide or long the car is, which can be rather damaging when racing.   But still, I'll buy the game.

So, in short, this gaming season I will be spending between $1680 and $2240 - 

$1560 on the iBuyPower Chimera whatever thing - a super-powerful computer that runs ArmA III on Ultra Graphics with relative ease, all while staying nice and cool,

$500 on the Xbox One, if I get it.  I might not, depending on the financial situations... If not, FM5 is off as well (XB1 only), making total cost around $1680 instead

$60 on ArmA III

$60 on Forza Motorsport 5

$60 on Battlefield 4.  

The computer is a much-needed expense, however, and it will be purchased %50 with my money (almost everything I've saved for the past year or so) and %50 with my grandfather's money (he's doubling everything I've saved for this, up to the $900 mark.) 

I just noticed that the computer is $1560 on a special Back to School sale - which is odd, because it was that same price at the beginning of the summer.  The "Special Promotion" button is telling me that it comes with:

"FREE AMD Radeon HD 7870, 7850, 7770, and 7750 Upgrade

FREE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Upgrade
FREE AMD FX Series CPU Upgrade
and more!" 
So, I guess that's what that's about.  This only took me about forever to write.  I need to go get started on my schoolwork.  

Last week I picked up Bioshock 1 & 2 on Steam for $10 total, and Bioshock Infinite for $13.  I was enjoying my first trip through Rapture (yeah, I've never played it before, shut up) when suddenly Pokemon X & Y came out.

So, sorry, Jack, you're going to have to stay in the Medical Wing for a while longer.

Been playing Path of Exile lately. It's basically a free version of diablo with upgraded game mechanics and downgraded graphics. It's currently in open beta, but v1.0.0 is going to be released in about 4 days.

Last week I picked up Bioshock 1 & 2 on Steam for $10 total, and Bioshock Infinite for $13.  I was enjoying my first trip through Rapture (yeah, I've never played it before, shut up) when suddenly Pokemon X & Y came out.

So, sorry, Jack, you're going to have to stay in the Medical Wing for a while longer.

PC gamers always get the best deals. >_>

Edited by DarkShock

I've just gotten into Minecraft...well, not Minecraft, but a free spinoff called Minetest... It doesn't quite have the default features of MC, but you can mod it to be pretty close... I'm addicted... I haven't installed the creatures mod yet, but it's still really fun...

Been playing Path of Exile lately. It's basically a free version of diablo with upgraded game mechanics and downgraded graphics. It's currently in open beta, but v1.0.0 is going to be released in about 4 days.

I have a summoner witch lvl 73. She isn't very much liked because apparently some people lag a bit when 12 skeletons, 8 zombies and 2 wraiths are helping me... and I'm casting AoE or chain spells.

PC gamers always get the best deals. >_>

I recently discovered Humble Bundle... 1 main bundle and 2 weekly deals, 13$ of purchases gave me 25 games all together :) Worth several hundred :)

And I've gotten few games like Metro 2033 and Mafia 2 for free, Metro from facebook and Mafia 2 by voting in the golden joystick award :)

Edited by Zagna

My shiny Chespin, who became my shiny Quilladin, who just became my shiny Chesnaught.  First shiny ever (the red Gyarados from G/S doesn't count)!

post-46346-0-24963400-1382622778_thumb.jpost-46346-0-97837600-1382622810_thumb.jpost-46346-0-75673600-1382622820_thumb.j

I highly recommend Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 and 2005. Great physics, awesome controls, AMAZING soundtrack, and character customization. Where else will you see Gordon Freeman with a golf club instead of a crowbar?

I have a PS3 and my PC :)

I really love the Assassin's Creed franchise. On my PC I play mostly League of Legends and Minecraft (currently working on a RPG server)

@KarasuFate I've played Rome:Total War and Rome II: Total War. Really loved both games, but you'll probably beat me with your two eyes closed :P

lol I have yet to get Rome II Total War, because my rig won't opt for it and I don't have the money for it. I'm always on Medieval II: Total War. Whenever I do a citadel siege I'm always like "This Is My Wall *****". I don't play nice lol. 

I dual boot too! (OSX and win7)

I recently bought the Humble Bundle with the two Batman games, Scribblenauts, and F.E.A.R. titles (too bad I didn't realise I could gift those before I redeemed the games, I have zero interest in psychological horror). I just bought a new 1TB hard drive so I can actually play games too :3 Arkham Asylum runs pretty nicely with low-med graphics, Skyrim is okay with lower graphics (I bought that too, last week)

I don't really play much though, maybe 5 hours a week.