Sign in to follow this  
worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

It's been almost six months, and I'm STILL playing Skyrim. First playthrough. Such an awesome game.

• Upvote 1

I've become addicted to Assassin's Creed multiplayer (Brotherhood and Revelations) I mean seriously, I play them wayyyy too much lol.

If any of you play it on xbox, let me know so I can kick your butt ;)

Having a sort out today I came across the old PSone and a box of games. I I totally forgot we still had them.

A pleasant hour spent watching my daughter fall in love with Spyro.

Man. The PlayStation was the first game system I got within its original life cycle, so when I get all nostalgic about video games, that's where my mind goes. The original Spyro the Dragon is still one of my all-time favorite games, and was the first game I purchased a digitally from the PSN once I got a PSP. One of my favorite things about the PSP was the PSone emulation; now they just need to get their act together and put out the PSone emulator for the PSVita.

• Upvote 1

I recently downloaded Microsoft Flight, the new flight sim just out. The program itself is free , you just pay for expansion packs and extra planes.It`s more aimed at new users of flight sims so it`s not so serious as FSX . The graphics are better though as it`s a new game /sim and is optimized to work on PC`s and laptops with modest specs, although obviously the more powerful the computer the better performance you`ll get.

Really you can make it as gamey or as simmy as you want. You can navigate properly around the sky using ILS`s and VOR`s or you can just use the map to see where you are. Or you could forget that and just hop into a plane and fly around the sky.Here are a few screenshots I took. -

th_2012-05-02_00004.jpg

th_2012-05-02_00008.jpg

th_Maulpanel.jpg

Been playing a little game called Digimon Battle Online. I used to play it quite a bit. I just wanted to go back to playing because I have some awesome Digimon. It's not popular, has bad graphics, and is now ignored by the G.M's... But, I love it for some odd reason.

Flamedramon name: Flare

Terriermon name: Barnaby :3

Agumon name: PyroFire

Fanbeemon name: Mach

Betamon name: FISH THING (Not to be all caps, that's just his name. It's in all caps xD)

Going to make a Sig soon about it

I've played a lot of video games, so here are my recommendations and a summary of them:

ROBLOX (PC/MAC): An online game based on building and writing code! You can customize your avatar with clothes that you make, hats, and even change the mesh of your body. You can play games that other players made, or create your own with building and writing code in the Lua scripting language. A real fun game, that's for sure.

RAGE (PC/PS3/XBox360): A free roaming story driven game set in future Earth after a strange meteorite impacts. Amazing graphics, controls, gameplay, and story, especially the vehicle elements of the game. I played it on the XBox 360, and let me tell you, it is one of the best games ever in my opinion!

Minecraft (PC/XBox360/iPhone): A sandbox survival game. When you first step into this world, you'll probably go '... What is this?'. Then you punch a tree... and hours later you have built yourself a castle with a full farm and a red stone system. Doesn't seem like much at first, but the amazing scope of the game and the multiplayer is worth it. You can also design your own skins (character appearance), texture packs (what the world looks like), and mod it to your heart's content.

Galaxy On Fire 2 (iPhone): A sci-fi roleplaying game. You are a mercencary type person propelled decades into the future. You can explore the galaxy in your spaceship, be a space pirate, take on freelance jobs, or just follow the story. You can be a merchant, be a miner, find all the secret item blueprints... a game with an amazing scope, this is.

That's all for now!

Been playing a little game called Digimon Battle Online. I used to play it quite a bit. I just wanted to go back to playing because I have some awesome Digimon. It's not popular, has bad graphics, and is now ignored by the G.M's... But, I love it for some odd reason.

Flamedramon name: Flare

Terriermon name: Barnaby :3

Agumon name: PyroFire

Fanbeemon name: Mach

Betamon name: FISH THING (Not to be all caps, that's just his name. It's in all caps xD)

Going to make a Sig soon about it

I used to watch digimon on kids tv :)

RAGE (PC/PS3/XBox360): A free roaming story driven game set in future Earth after a strange meteorite impacts. Amazing graphics, controls, gameplay, and story, especially the vehicle elements of the game. I played it on the XBox 360, and let me tell you, it is one of the best games ever in my opinion!

I got bored within a few hours :) It just didn't 'click' for me. It has a very interesting foundation for the rendering engine though, that being "always run at 60fps" instead of "maximize the polygon throughput."

As for me, I maxed out on Diablo 3 and now I'm trying to get into Guild Wars 2. I played a bunch of the first one, and this new one is basically half GW1, half WoW. My jury's still out on whether I'll make it to the upper levels before getting irked or bored.

I got bored within a few hours :) It just didn't 'click' for me. It has a very interesting foundation for the rendering engine though, that being "always run at 60fps" instead of "maximize the polygon throughput."

Well, we all have our different interests. Though, it gets kind of repetitive if you've completed all the races and still have vehicle upgrades to buy. :/

(On a side note, I was racing along a canyon path with the Buggy, and I turned the right control stick slightly so that the camera would tilt to the left. "Oh yeah- Cinematics!")

It's been almost six months, and I'm STILL playing Skyrim. First playthrough. Such an awesome game.

If I remember correctly, I cleared my first playthrough over spring break, got my second one further in one week than I did in a few months the first time, then watched as everything glitched up. I recently cleared my hard drive to do yet another playthrough, as the glitches rendered it unplayable. It's fun to try it again and again, for some reason. I'm only getting tired of the civil war quest.

Just dl'd the demo for resident evil 6 and have to say WOW what a great game or should that be 3 games, the demo has a choice of a bit from all 3 campaigns and they all have a very differnt play style and look even down to each one having their own unique HUD. After the disappointment that was resi 5, capcom have bounced straight back with a fantastic looking,sounding and playing game.

The result of ADD and a car with a top speed of 230 mph:

http://forzamotorsport.net/Handlers/GetPhoto.ashx?id=16665343&full=true

I looked away for half a second to see what was blinking on my computer, heard a crash, looked back, saw my car sitting still in the road for a fraction of the second, watched it fly into the air as a car struck it again at around the same speed of 220 mph, and watched the rest of the carnage unfold...

I must say it was a worse crash than that of the American economy, if your up for slightly insensitive humor...

Gran Turismo, Grand Theft Auto, Indy Car Series, and LFS-Live For Speed. LFS and DDS format is what brought me to Paint.net coincidentally. :D

edit: added one of my old GT3 replays

Edited by RFX