Sign in to follow this  
worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

I am going to get BF3. Love Bad Company 2 and I've never been a fan of the frag-fest that is CoD.

They are two very different shooters appealing to different audiences. I'd recommend BF3 of course, as it is the technically far more advanced game (FrostByte 2 ♥) and offers way more depth in gameplay, but CoD isn't a bad game either.

The marketing war of Activion and EA is ridiculous though.

I agree, CoD is sort of what got me into gaming but since I've had a little free time on my hands, its not that difficult to see that BF2 was superior to MW2.

Never the less, I'll probably be buying both :lol:

Did anyone else see that EA bought the domain for http://www.modernwarfare3.com and redirects it to the battlefield 3 website

It's highly unlikely that EA purchased it themselves. I am not a lawyer, but seeing as how Activision holds the rights to the title, I'd imagine it would at least be enough for a domain seizure, if not straight up legal action. It's more likely that a fan who ardently prefers BF over CoD set it up as a jab.

Whois shows it was registered through Domains by Proxy, Inc., though, so we can't know who exactly is responsible.

That's hilarious xD

Anyone besides mattz1996 play League of Legends? I got a link to it in my sig. (Please use that link if you decide to register...I get bonuses if you do :3 ) It's F2P and the extra content you pay for doesn't make you superior to other players.

The amount of people who play it at my school is incredible. I refuse to play it simply because the excessive amount of Leauge of Legends talk I have to put up with at school makes me want to shoot someone.

.... makes me want to shoot someone.

In the current atmosphere (Norway) it's not a good idea to even joke about it. Let's just say it makes you want to SCREAM! Yes?

In the current atmosphere (Norway) it's not a good idea to even joke about it. Let's just say it makes you want to SCREAM! Yes?

Good point, it does make me quite frustrated yes.

There is a real cool free online flying sim that I am the fun event manager at and play all the time. It is an older game,about 12-13 years old but it rocks,plenty of action and you do shoot your opponents,who by the way are not computer generated like xbox and the likes. Check it out here; http://www.airattack-central.com ,look me up if you need help,I use the same nick in there. We have people from all around the world playing this and we talk to each other using teamspeak,a voice chat program. It is awesome and you should check us out. :)

P.S. (You will even see some of my pdn creations there,lol,like the front page,lol.)

Edited by skullbonz

League of Legends is a great game for PC. You don't have to buy it. Infact, if you click my signature, I refer you to the game and it helps me a lot, but you have to get to level 5 ingame first (it takes like 2 hours TOPS to get to level 5, plus it's entertaining. Arcade style game)

League of Legends is a great game for PC. You don't have to buy it. Infact, if you click my signature, I refer you to the game and it helps me a lot, but you have to get to level 5 ingame first (it takes like 2 hours TOPS to get to level 5, plus it's entertaining. Arcade style game)

Aww...I wanted them to click on the link it my siggy! :3 (it's the blue one btw)

FYI it's not arcade style -.- It's a team based pvp strategy game that bears some resemblance to capture the flag. A typical game lasts approximately 30 minutes. If you've heard of DOTA (defense of the ancients) or HoN (Heroes of Newerth), league of legends is quite similar.

No, pyro, I haven't played that yet (wish I was better at those types of games though...starcraft 2 looks so kewl xD )

A new game I started playing recently is "Atlantica Online". It's like a turn-based version of WoW and has some amazing graphics. My username is AgentBunni (on server mycenae) if you ever decide to check it out ^_^

Edited by pdnnoob

Aww...I wanted them to click on the link it my siggy! :3 (it's the blue one btw)

FYI it's not arcade style -.- It's a team based pvp strategy game that bears some resemblance to capture the flag. A typical game lasts approximately 30 minutes. If you've heard of DOTA (defense of the ancients) or HoN (Heroes of Newerth), league of legends is quite similar.

No, pyro, I haven't played that yet (wish I was better at those types of games though...starcraft 2 looks so kewl xD )

A new game I started playing recently is "Atlantica Online". It's like a turn-based version of WoW and has some amazing graphics. My username is AgentBunni (on server mycenae) if you ever decide to check it out ^_^

My bad lol. Btw I played Atlantica too. Great game but I wouldn't consider it like WoW. I have like a level 45 staff main on a server that I hardly play anymore. It has the elephant mount and like 300mil and full +5-+7 gear for all my mercs. And in the Dominance update, they are coming out with a CTF game mode :)

Edited by mattz1996

My bad lol. Btw I played Atlantica too. Great game but I wouldn't consider it like WoW. I have like a level 45 staff main on a server that I hardly play anymore. It has the elephant mount and like 300mil and full +5-+7 gear for all my mercs. And in the Dominance update, they are coming out with a CTF game mode :)

o.o I can haz pretty pls? :kitteh:

Personally, I'm looking forward to Dominance, but first, I'd like that magma chambers map to be released xD

I just found out they canceled magma chambers >.< Tryndamere? o.0 He's one of the easiest characters to counter in the game :/ (although being able to have over 100 attack damage at level 1 is a little cheap) Nasus, imo, definitely needs a nerf, though, since he can very nearly 4-shot turrets...