Sign in to follow this  
worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

Man they really are going to milk as much money out of that franchise aren't they.

Now now, I've seen the revamped Halo CE, and it looks crazy awesome. And assuming they do as good a job with Halo 4 as they did with Reach (new studio nonwithstanding), it should be well worth buying next year. In my mind, releasing an anniversary edition, followed by a new game the next year isn't milking the franchise (so long as they are good ;) ). If you're looking for milk, try CoD and Activision.

Now now, I've seen the revamped Halo CE, and it looks crazy awesome. And assuming they do as good a job with Halo 4 as they did with Reach (new studio nonwithstanding), it should be well worth buying next year. In my mind, releasing an anniversary edition, followed by a new game the next year isn't milking the franchise (so long as they are good ;) ). If you're looking for milk, try CoD and Activision.

this man speaks the truth. I heard a rumour that there was some talk of porting Minecraft to console at E3, surely this isn't true.

Minecraft for XBOX360 Kinect, of all things. I have no idea how they're planning on having you control that.

I have absolutely no idea... and it'd kinda suck with no modding ability...

Minecraft for XBOX360 Kinect, of all things. I have no idea how they're planning on having you control that.

Swing your arms wildly to dig? Works for Wii.

That is going to SUCK!

I'm interested in the PSVita, but I'm also a big PSP fan, so rather expect being in the minority.

I'm at least intrigued at the possibilities of the WiiU, but I'll have to see some specs and some actual games before I'm convinced. I find it odd that they only allow one controller per box, but I'd never be playing local multiplayer anyway, that that's a non-issue.

The best part of E3 was the 3-4 hour GiantBomb podcasts each night. :)

I'm interested in the PSVita, but I'm also a big PSP fan, so rather expect being in the minority.

It looks nice, but I will definitely not be buying any Sony hardware unless they really get their bloody potato together and stop being antagonistic towards their customers.

Loving Dead Space 2. That is, during the parts when your heart isn't racing and you feel like screaming and running away from the computer. Especially when you enter a room and the lights in your actual room flicker and go out boltbait.yikes.png

So many games are becoming Free2Play. Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield F2P, Blacklight Retribution, Ghost Recon F2P, Team Fortress 2 F2P...

It's a pity I don't (currently) have a computer that can handle the stress properly.

World of Warcraft also changed their subscription model recently, I hear. Free to level 20 instead of x-day trials or something.

I'm not getting sucked back into that timesink though.

F2P is just a nicer word for PFC (pay for content).

True. But when I'm stuck on campus without a game console, it's a nice to know that I've got something interesting to play to get my mind off of studies.

For what it's worth, Team Fortress 2 isn't bad for a F2P. After all, it was commercial for the most part until very recently.