worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

Curse you Playstation Network...

x2

I'm thinking of getting portal 2 soon....it sounds kinda lame but from what i hear it's supposed to be amazing?

x2

I'm thinking of getting portal 2 soon....it sounds kinda lame but from what i hear it's supposed to be amazing?

....Lame? Have you played Portal 1?

Portal 2 started to bore me after the first few levels. Puzzle solving has not that much of a satisfaction factor for me :/

Time to whip out some Zelda I say.

....Lame? Have you played Portal 1?

nope. I'm not a big fan of pc games(is it pc?)

I don't really mind playing the sequel without knowing what happened before. *sigh* all the blockbusters in my area are closing.

I think ill give portal 2 a try after finals. Strategy games can be fun

Crash Bandicoot, assuming you're talking about one of the PS1 games. They started sucking hard when they went to PS2.

Oh ofcourse, I'm talking all the Spyro games up to and including the 3rd one and all the Crash Bandicoot games on PS1.

PS2 versions suck.

I even remember you could buy games for I think Gameboy Advance that entaled Spyro in Crash's world and vise-versa, so bad.

Spyro or Chrash Bandicoot?

Difficult question.

Looking at each of the games individually, I'd give the victory to Spyro, solely because of the original. The platforming puzzles in that game were magnificent, making full use of the free-roaming 3D environment and gliding ability of the character, hiding the level secrets on platforms that were just around a corner out of the line of sight from the critical level path. The Crash Bandicoot games relied more on timing and precision to navigate individual smaller scale challenges, more like the classic 2D platformers.

However, looking at the games as a series, Crash takes it. Crash 2 and 3 were amazing games, with Crash 2 being my favorite of the series. Spyro 2 and 3 added in unnecessary playable characters and challenges that just ended up being frustrating instead of fun (the skateboarding stuff from Spyro 3 comes to mind).

Oh ofcourse, I'm talking all the Spyro games up to and including the 3rd one and all the Crash Bandicoot games on PS1.

PS2 versions suck.

I even remember you could buy games for I think Gameboy Advance that entaled Spyro in Crash's world and vise-versa, so bad.

I actually have Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly and Crash: Twinsanity for PS2. Twinsanity is playable, but Enter the Dragonfly is rather poor.

As for the GBA, I used to have Spyro: Season of Ice, the first Spyro game for the GameBoy Advance. It was terrible, and I ended up selling it to a resale shop a few months after I bought it. The problem was because of the free-roaming world Spyro was coming from - there just wasn't a way to do that on the GBA in 3D, so they resorted to a disorienting isometric perspective.

On the other hand, Crash: The Huge Adventure for the GBA was quite good. Since the core concept of Crash is a natural 3D extension of classic 2D platforming sensibilities, they were able to condense the essence of the series back down into a 2D platformer the system could handle.

Man, I miss Crash and Spyro. Well...at least the originals. They were both good, but I enjoyed Crash Bandicoot a lot more than Spyro. Both characters were good when they were back on the PS1. Everything else is meh...

psn is back...just in time for finals. *bangs head against wall*

After finals im thinking:

Portal 2 (Ps3)

Just Dance 2 (Wii)

Killzone (ps3)

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (ps3)

the sims 3 (pc)

not all at once though :)

I only just finished Portal 1... cuz that's all I could afford, and my neighbour has Portal 2 for XBox. I thought I was good at Portal.

Until I found the advanced levels bubblerevolution.unimpressed.png

Yeah, it took my mate 4 days to finish Single Player and in Co-Op it's taken us about 9 hours to almost finish it.