worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

GTA is fun and all, but, I don't think I've ever seen one with a story even close to decent.

Red Dead Redemption, on the other hand, was amazing. It deserved all the awards is received.

Release trailer is out, looks like its set in Mexico?

GTA is fun and all, but, I don't think I've ever seen one with a story even close to decent.

Red Dead Redemption, on the other hand, was amazing. It deserved all the awards is received.

the stories ARE quiete elaborate, but i think that Liberty City:Stories is the most believable and almost entirely possible, except normally its completed by at least 30 different guys

Edited by Axle

Dissidia 012 [Duodecim] Final Fantasy.

FF titles keep getting fancier and fancier...

I got this game few weeks ago, and I've played through the new storyline. The game was quite difficult. Now I've dedicated myself to mastering Tifa's battle style!

portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2

I do hope this was not brought on by my previous post boltbait.neutral.png

Your school? Really? Either your school is awesome or you're doing some seriously advanced physics lessons...

By the way, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should get? It's either Portal 2 (which, for the next 3 days, comes with Portal 1) or something like Crysis. (Or, can someone recommend me any good games?)

my school has a lunch break everyweek dedicated to playing on the Wii & XBox 360 they bought. not bad for a school.

also D3TONATOR, if you're planning on getting Crysis 2 your gonna need a beast of a machine. a friend of mine has a $6'000 (AUS) machine and can just run it :/

im not getting it on pc. if your after it on a console i'd reccomend it, its a great game

By the way, does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should get? It's either Portal 2 (which, for the next 3 days, comes with Portal 1) or something like Crysis. (Or, can someone recommend me any good games?)

Depending on the system... Killzone 3 is a fantastic game for the PS3, even though it may be a little old by now, Fallout New Vegas was another one of my favorites, Crysis 2 is better on the console IMO, unless you just have a ridiculously fast computer like mentioned above. :)

Portal 2 will probably be really good. I'll consider picking it up when the price goes down, but I'm not interested in getting it at launch. Co-op looks like tons of fun.

GTA IV Complete | GTA IV | GTA Episodes are all 75% at steampowered.com if your looking for them i reccomend getting them now. only $9.50 in AUS dollars. :)

i'm gonna get Complete, its only today btw

EDIT: just bought it :D . gotta wait for my new pc to arive before i play it though >.<

Edited by Axle

Portal 2 will probably be really good. I'll consider picking it up when the price goes down, but I'm not interested in getting it at launch. Co-op looks like tons of fun.

Pre-order on Amazon came with a $20 Amazon credit, which I'll probably use on textbooks next semester. And the PS3 version comes with a key for the Steam PC version, so someday when I have a PC capable of playing it...

All-in-all, a pretty good deal for having it on day 1.

Pre-order on Amazon came with a $20 Amazon credit, which I'll probably use on textbooks next semester. And the PS3 version comes with a key for the Steam PC version, so someday when I have a PC capable of playing it...

All-in-all, a pretty good deal for having it on day 1.

If you buy a lot of stuff on Amazon you should look into getting Amazon Prime.

It's taking a lot of self-control to not just blow off this test and go play Portal 2...

If you buy a lot of stuff on Amazon you should look into getting Amazon Prime.

I don't buy a lot (two words :P) of stuff from Amazon. Maybe 3 things a year.

I don't buy a lot (two words :P) of stuff from Amazon. Maybe 3 things a year.

I always think of this whenever I accidentally write "a lot".

I think I'm one of about 12 people in the world who has never played Portal...

Edited by Sfifer

I always think of this whenever I accidentally write "a lot".

<3 Allie Brosh. She posted a new one today. Good stuff.
I think I'm one of about 12 people in the world who has never played Portal...

It was free on Steam for a while. SHOULDA TAKEN ADVANTAGE, SON

It was free on Steam for a while. SHOULDA TAKEN ADVANTAGE, SON

Yes, well that would involve me actually having to bother to get Steam first haha, I should up my gaming.

Edited by Sfifer

my school has a lunch break everyweek dedicated to playing on the Wii & XBox 360 they bought. not bad for a school.

also D3TONATOR, if you're planning on getting Crysis 2 your gonna need a beast of a machine. a friend of mine has a $6'000 (AUS) machine and can just run it :/

im not getting it on pc. if your after it on a console i'd reccomend it, its a great game

Next term I'm getting a 15" MacBook Pro - 2.0GHz Quad Core processor, 256mb GDDR5 HD Graphics, 4Gb RAM, 500Gb (plus a 296Gb external) Hard Drive... that sound good enough? (By the way, I will install Windows XP on it via BootCamp or Parallels Desktop, so I'll be able to run Windows programs and games). Although with the price it is at the moment, it's more likely I'll get Crysis 1.

Edited by D3T0N4T0R

What kind of graphics card? I'll assume AMD. Crysis is still capable of bringing any Mac to its knees, especially in bootcamp.

I would say that a Mac Pro with a 12-core processor could handle it quite well.... but then again, I'm not too sure how good the graphics of it are.

What does boot camp do the the computer's processing/graphics power?