worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

well, i have had a 360 for just over a year now and it has never done anything wrong, not even frozen, but my friend also has a 360 and PS3 and his PS3 is constantly getting sent in for repairs while his 360 remains fine. maybe bad luck but since they fixed the red-ring-of-death on the 360 they are running great.

When it comes to getting an Xbox 360 or PS3, I think it depends on your social preferences.

I honestly feel Xbox Live is a better gaming social network than the PS3, but the real downside is the costs. When it comes to the hardcore games, both consoles do very well so that part depends on what exclusives titles you like (ex: Halo, Gears, Uncharted, Killzone, etc.) The only reason I'd pick the PS3 over the Xbox is that it is more reliable and that it plays blu-rays. The online fee for Xbox Live doesn't bother me because it's only a yearly fee (if you buy year subscription).

I feel like this thread has come full circle XD

When I first made this thread and debated what console to buy, I ended going with the PS3 simply because I just wasn't a full-out serious gamer. I was more laid back and really didn't want to have to deal with "try-hards", who I assumed were on X360. Considering how nowadays I only play Call of Duty and know a lot about the game (much more than a casual gamer, although I guess that's subjective)...I don't really regret my decision. I think I'd bump into more profanity and 12-year olds on X360 than I already face in PS3, which honestly irritates me enough as is. It does bother me sometimes that more of my friends are on Xbox360...but I have friends on PS3 which somewhat make up for it.

I can't wait to get off the laggy garbage of Black Ops and play something peaceful (LBP2)...

i chose 360 for multiple reasons over the PS3:

*Like Halo

*Prefer the heavier bigger controller

*No retarded trigger on the controller like PS3

and a more minor contribution

*Most my friends have 360's not PS3's

im happy with my choice though.

Anyone hear all the info Squar-Enix announced today?

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (for Xbox360 and PS3)

- Final Fantasy Agito XIII changed to FF Type-0

- A trailer released for Final Fantasy Versus 13

I might be missing some info, but I'm really hoping the sequel for 13 is way better than the first.

I just got a new PS2 for christmas, since my old one broke... but I am lovin' those Crash Bandicoot games! Oh, and I really like the Call of Duty games as well... though cuz of damn age restrictions I can't play half of them >:(

my PS2 has lasted a lot of use since 2003 (i think) never broken or froze or crashed, perfect condition. not a slim, i played:

*NFS:Carbon

*Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

*Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City - Stories

*Simpsons Hit & Run

thats it, my siblings play a heap of other rubbish like singstar and harry potter

I can't wait to get off the laggy garbage of Black Ops and play something peaceful (LBP2)...

Get Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Seriously, it's SO much better.

The gaming industry isnt exactly renowned for keeping secrets well.

I hear Red Faction 3 is coming out soon, hopefully its not as tedious and repetitive as the second one.

Edited by Sfifer

Well, Sony just threw their new hat into the handheld gaming ring, currently dubbed NGP.

Gotta say, although the device is indeed 100% liquid schmexy, it's an odd choice for a codename: NGP == NeoGeo Pocket. Then again, Sony does have licensing for emulation of NeoGeo games...

Sometimes when I see these trailers I wonder when Square Enix will stop making games and finally start producing films.. also I have no idea what this has to do with FF13.

Quote from Final Fantasy Wiki:

Fabula Nova Crystallis, which means "the new tale of the crystal," in Latin, is nevertheless based on various worlds and different characters, but each game will be "ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos."

There is a film by SquareSoft, actually, called Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Edited by Kemaru

TES: Skyrim is coming out November 11th ^_^ Counting down the days and brushing up on my TES skillz by playing Oblivion mods and trying to get a Zombie mod to work

Sometimes when I see these trailers I wonder when Square Enix will stop making games and finally start producing films.. also I have no idea what this has to do with FF13.

What are you talking about? Final Fantasy 13 was basically a movie. lol :P

I don't play games much partly because I am not so young and partly because my laptop won't handle today's games. However, I bought for around € 7 a re-issue of 'Hidden and Dangerous 2' which must go back to about 2003 or 4 and which my modest laptop is capable of running. In it you lead a four-man SAS squad during the Second World War in various campaigns.

The atmospheric effects are much better than Medal of Honor of roughly the same vintage, and I guess at least one frustrated artist worked on it because many of the scenes are strangely beautiful.

But what I really find interesting are certain humorous and political aspects of the game. In North Africa when attacking an airfield, most of the Italian defenders are, as you would expect, blasting away at you, but now and again you'll see a distant figure simply standing in the open with his arms hopefully raised in surrender! The game was developed in the Czech Republic and the last campaign takes place in Bohemia - I think they refuse ever to use the name 'Czechoslovakia'. Towards the end of that campaign you wrest a treasure-stuffed concrete fortress from the Germans but when the Russians demand it from you, your British squad has to smash the Russians! This then concludes the game. I guess this just shows the feelings the Czechs still have towards the cuddly Russian bear - even at the price of losing sales in that part of the world.

Edited by Geist

no. i'm waiting for GTA V (5)

hopefully it will be in San Andreas and hopefully it will be made

GTA is fun and all, but, I don't think I've ever seen one with a story even close to decent.

Red Dead Redemption, on the other hand, was amazing. It deserved all the awards is received.

portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2

portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2 portal 2

Eloquently delivered Mr. Pyrochild. :D