worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

I'm sure LBP2 will come great though. Sometimes delays are a good thing. It will probably be a good contender for best 2011 platformer game...

Edited by DarkShock

Next year is a big one for Square-Enix, what with big releases as Final Fantasy XIV, Agito: XIII and Dissidia Duodecim. I can't wait for the Dissidia prequel! :mrgreen:

I must say, SE has an insane obsession with prequels.

Edited by Kemaru

Next year is a big one for Square-Enix, what with big releases as Final Fantasy XIV...

I've completely given up on getting the beta working. Here's one sale they definitely won't get :D

Ok, for all intensive purposes, this is a generic video gaming thread. Talk about any video game related stuff here. For the sake of anyone who wants to know the origins of the thread, I've hidden the original text below.

Hidden Content:
Hey folks,

Quite lately I've fallen into a bit of a dilemma. Now that summer is here, I've just recently gotten into the mood to play some video games and looked at my game repertoire. And it's extremely small. And I mean it's basically nonexistent. I have a Nintendo Wii that I got only a few months ago, and have some common Mario games and Brawl... and that's it.

Yeah. In matter of fact, I think my view on video games is seriously outdated, and now with some free time I want to delve more into the realm of video games. I'd really like to try getting into the realm of FPS and Music Video games. However, I do realize that I should probably buy a new console as well.

Getting to the point: Should I buy a PS3 or an Xbox 360? And which is better, Guitar Hero or Rock Band? I know I'm probably going to get the standard "Preference is subjective, depending to the gamer". I know that the idea of "better" is subjective, but I'd like to know how it is subjective (if that's not an already confusing sentence.. Just ignore that request if it's confusing. I tried to word it as best I can..)

Any recommendations on video games to buy on any console is welcome too :)

(In fact, I wouldn't mind if this became a video game thread after I sort out this dilemma. I wouldn't mind... unless there was one I didn't see in search..)

The drum kit is way better in Rock Band - it has cymbals. And I'd easily go with PS3.

Next year is a big one for Square-Enix, what with big releases as Final Fantasy XIV, Agito: XIII and Dissidia Duodecim. I can't wait for the Dissidia prequel! :mrgreen:

I must say, SE has an insane obsession with prequels.

I'm honestly waiting for more news and gameplay for FF Versus 13. >_>

is portal worth getting?

Portal is very much indeed worth getting. The singleplayer is kind of short, but the game itself is extremely fun and challenging with a host of inserted easter eggs and darkly humorous dialogue. I bought it when it was $9; it seems to have gone back to $20 now. Maybe you'd like to get the entire Orange Box series for $29? Team Fortress 2 and Half-Life are both great FPS games.

I'm so sad that Halo: Reach isn't coming out on PC... yet. Combat Evolved was so awesome. And I don't have an XBox. I'm sticking with my PS3. But really, who agrees that it should come out on PC?

I'm so sad that Halo: Reach isn't coming out on PC... yet. Combat Evolved was so awesome. And I don't have an XBox. I'm sticking with my PS3. But really, who agrees that it should come out on PC?

It would be cool if Halo Reach was on the PC, but Bungie has probably already moved onto developing their next title with Activision. I don't think Halo Reach will ever make it to the PC. Halo 3 didn't even make it to PC. Looks like all the Halo games that were released on the 360 aren't going to be on the PC...

I personally am not a big fan of platform games. Ido play games on the PS2 but basically I feel the systems are overpriced and refused to buy them. If you ask what I play I will tell you many different games on the PC. At the moment my favorite is a 3 way split between. World of Warcraft, Aika(Been playing this since closed beta) and Kitsu Saga(I am currently involved in closed beta testing this)

for your reference:

World of Warcraft (I use a custom User Interface so it may seem confusing)

104653400-3.jpg

Aika

104834372-3.jpg

Kitsu Saga

Since this is currently in Closed Beta testing Im not sure if Im allowed to post screenshots. I will find out and post them if you would like to see the game.

if you are curious about my gaming history you can click this:atradese.png

If you have questions about any of the games I play or have played I will do my best to answer them.

Have you ever heard of Aion online? I personally never played it but people who were anticipating it said Aion would bring about the end of Wow. :P

Edited by St1cki3

Have you ever heard of Aion online? I personally never played it but people who were anticipating it said Aion would bring about the end of Wow. :P

I have heard the same thing.

What actually happened? People who I know that left WoW to play it came back to WoW because they said it didn't live up to the hype and they were disappointed. Other people say its the best game they ever played I guess its a matter of preferences. I have played some very crappy games and still do because they have a good community I can identify with. Likewise I have quit some good games because the community was just horrible. So when it comes to Aion I'm a little afraid to try it. I don't want to spend all that money getting the game and then paying for a month subscription just to find out I totally hate the game. I started playing WoW on the free trial and got hooked.

Well I hope that helped. If I just made you more confused sorry. Give me an idea of what you like and maybe I can recommend something.

i just bought Left4Dead and Left4Dead2. havn't played 2 yet but i have played L4D a lot recently, for the past 2.5 years i have played it illegally and singleplayer. but wanted multiplayer, so i bought it and it is SOOO much better. you guys should really get it

i just bought Left4Dead and Left4Dead2. havn't played 2 yet but i have played L4D a lot recently, for the past 2.5 years i have played it illegally and singleplayer. but wanted multiplayer, so i bought it and it is SOOO much better. you guys should really get it

LOL who plays LFD singleplayer :D