Sign in to follow this  
worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

Bought Persona 3 Portable for my PSP as something to do whenever I get bored in college. I've never really got into the RPG genre (besides the obvious Pokemon games), but I'm actually liking this game so far, even though I feel like I'm learning another language. Why can't they just call fire "fire"? :/

...cutting-edge graphics do not a good game make.

I agree with this. I still play Link to the Past :lol:

Anyone seen the Black Ops trailer? I was never going to get Black Ops, but now i may do, but it wont be an instant buy - definitely will wait for some reviews to see what it really is like. That RC car look like great fun though.

Yeah, the trailer looked really nice. I can already imagine being in a private lobby and just doing RC car racing.I'm making sure to buy this, just to replace MW2. I'm really sick of the game :(

(Had to relearn how to make quotes there..)

can't wait for HALO Reach but the new Bioshock game looks like it ruined the BioSHock series :(

How so? I've never really played the BioShock series so I can't say anything about what I think of it continuity-wise, but I think it's interesting that it's got a new setting. Most people would find a series bland if it always took place in the same location, especially after two games.

well the underwater theme with the sudden thrills and scares and the plot and setting and , well , everything was new and epic but this new one might be a letdown. until i actually see somegameplay or play it myself i wont trully know but the trailer looks OK but not anywhere as good as BioShock (i havn't played the second yet but it looks pretty good) ;)

can't wait for HALO Reach but the new Bioshock game looks like it ruined the BioSHock series :(

You can't really judge the new BioShock game yet. All we've seen so far is a trailer. I'll admit its a big jump going from deep under water to the skies, but it might be interesting. I'll wait and see the gameplay before I pass judgment on the game.

You can't really judge the new BioShock game yet. All we've seen so far is a trailer. I'll admit its a big jump going from deep under water to the skies, but it might be interesting. I'll wait and see the gameplay before I pass judgment on the game.

i know i can't judge the game on more than the trailer but thats all i am judging it with, might be good, might not, im just saying that it's unlikely to be AS good

Meh. I could never get into sports games.

I'd rather play play football in real life rather than playing Madden. lol

Definitely agree here. Even more so when it comes to watching sports on TV. Yawn.

i love sport, and sport games.

anyway, Anyone who has a wii gonna get Goldeneye 007 when it comes out in november?

i want it. and the epic golden classic controller pro.

i love sport, and sport games.

anyway, Anyone who has a wii gonna get Goldeneye 007 when it comes out in november?

i want it. and the epic golden classic controller pro.

Eh. I sold the Wii and I'm proud of it. lol

eh. i haven't sold the wii, and i'm proud of it.

i guess i'm not your hardcore graphics-are-a-must kind of gamer, i just love games i find fun either on my own, or with friends. The wii has many of those games, therefore it's worthwhile in my opinion.

it's not a serious console (serious as in opposite of fun), it's a party console. smash bros brawl, mario party, mario kart, wii sports/resort, and the new games to come out, like zelda skyward sword, DK returns, Goldeneye 007. All of these are set to be enjoyed, rather than played.

I love the PS3, but at times, i feel the games are to be played, not to be enjoyed, and that's the saddest thing i've found in gaming. I'm not a fan of shooters (but i enjoy james bond), so that rules me out of like... half the games on the market today. i'm not a primary school aged kid either, so there goes half of the remaining games, so i'm sitting on 25% of the market, at least 15% being sport games, which thankfully, i enjoy, otherwise games would be so hard for to come by...

My opinion exactly, I always get bored of more modern games. In fact I bought a Nintendo 64 at a flea market 2 weeks ago to relive the fun I had with it lol.

I'm not a fan of shooters (but i enjoy james bond), so that rules me out of like... half the games on the market today. i'm not a primary school aged kid either, so there goes half of the remaining games, so i'm sitting on 25% of the market, at least 15% being sport games, which thankfully, i enjoy, otherwise games would be so hard for to come by...

That's pretty much my situation right now, but I don't like sport games either. Pretty much the only games I play are the Final Fantasy (and Kingdom Hearts) series and Pokémon. I guess I should be glad I don't use much money on games... but I DO! It's funny how much money you can spend on games even though you don't really buy that many. O___O

If you want a game that's enjoyable, cazaron, try Final Fantasy XII. :) It's pretty and addictive once you get past a certain point.

I just bought a preowned Final Fantasy II for the PSP...

Amnesia: The Dark Descent is released. I played it for 2 hrs today, and now I had to take a break O_O

Frictional Games knows how to create a creepy and disturbing atmosphere.. I was constantly nervous and on the run, god damnit why is this so scary?

Go get it. It's got great reviews, and it's the first real scary game since Silent Hill 2. It's only 20 € and available on Steam since today! :) Support Indie Gaming!

Halo REACH is release in exactly 9hours 6minutes (im not conting down, just looked at the time) too expensive to get but i'm still anicipating it. most of my friends are getting it so i have the chance to play it soon. still, looks sweet

Guest PsychoHarmonic

Halo Reach was released here last night at Midnight And i have played it probably 2-3 hours altogether. IMHO it is a downgrade from Halo 3, but Halo 2 is still by far my favorite.