worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

I was one of four children, so I didn't get my own Playstation until I bought one myself, but when "the family" got a Playstation for Christmas, it came with a JamPack demo disc, and Crash 2 was on there. Spyro the Dragon was our first game - and I still love that game to death - but Crash followed shortly thereafter.

Man, nostalgia is awesome. Now I feel like playing Spyro the Dragon...

I was.. deprived of video games.

After all, they were essentially of the devil :roll:

:P

My first game ever.. would have had to be.. Pokemon Blue on my yellow GBA Color. An 8th Birthday gift, snuck in from my grandma, against my mother's wishes... :D

Edited by 007 Nab

My first game was Pokemon Blue as well, but it was on a green GBA Colour. :D

I can't wait for the 24th September. F1 2010 looks amazing. Just, amazing.

Raam has ruined Gears of War for me boltbait.sad.png I've spend hours trying to finish him off on the "easy" setting and now I'm just plain irritated and annoyed.

I give up. Back to Halo 3.

Currently playing Cave Story. Very great SNES style game with excellent chiptunes and impressive amounts of content (already 10 hrs playing, still in the main story and I don't even have discovered most of the secrets yet).

Go download it, it's completely free. You need an english patch though if you want to play it in english..

Not sure what my first game was...it had to be either Sonic the Hedgehog or Marvel vs. Capcom for the Dreamcast.

Now, I'm a proud owner of a DS, Gameboy advance, Gameboy Advance SP, PS3, Wii, and 360. (Most of which were hand-me-downs...only the Ps3 and Gameboy SP are really mine and not hand-me-downs) Still, it really goes to show the size of my familiy...my cousins and I basically share the systems.

Raam has ruined Gears of War for me boltbait.sad.png I've spend hours trying to finish him off on the "easy" setting and now I'm just plain irritated and annoyed.

I give up. Back to Halo 3.

I know exactly how you few. I played on co-op with a friend, we made it to him and got totally rejected several times. Then, we randomly tried again with grinders boomer guns and other things like that, and we beat him in under 30 seconds. It felt like a fluke, but we weren't going to complain. :D

Oh, and if you play Halo online, friend me as Gen Sozo on Live. ;)

Edited by CommanderSozo

PSOne Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon are the 2 best franchises ever.

I grew up on these. I've finished Spyro 1 100% in less than 12 hours (Straight)

I own Spyro 2 and 3.

My first ever game on Ps1 was Crash Bandicoot 2. (Cortex Strikes Back).

It was amazing, and it is what made me love CB so much.

However, PS2 spyro and PS2 crash has been kinda poor... since sierra entertainment took over.

Ah well, never let a good legend die, hey?

All you Crash and Spyro lovers, you're awesome.

PSOne Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon are the 2 best franchises ever.

I grew up on these. I've finished Spyro 1 100% in less than 12 hours (Straight)

I own Spyro 2 and 3.

My first ever game on Ps1 was Crash Bandicoot 2. (Cortex Strikes Back).

It was amazing, and it is what made me love CB so much.

However, PS2 spyro and PS2 crash has been kinda poor... since sierra entertainment took over.

Ah well, never let a good legend die, hey?

All you Crash and Spyro lovers, you're awesome.

are the Crash and Spyro games really that good? I had always wanted to play them but, unfortunately, was deprived of those. My cousins didn't really like the series and never let me get them. :\

btw, if anyone has PsN, my username is youngsunnz  

are the Crash and Spyro games really that good? I had always wanted to play them but, unfortunately, was deprived of those.

They're classics.

only the PsOne versions. as soon as it hit ps2, Crash and Spyro went bad.

So this.

Yes! Halo: Reach is not too far away. I'm so sick of FPS, but Halo separates itself from the others.

Halo is as stereotypically uncreative cookie-cutter as FPS games get.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you there. Halo truly deserves to be recognized as one of the best first person shooters for a number of non-stereotypical, creative, and out of the box reasons. The FPS experience of Halo is fundamentally different in my playing experience than any other FPS to date. The style of gameplay - mixed with the fantastic storyline - is truly remarkable and different. On top of that, Halo is blessed to be developed by Bungie which remains one of the few user-centric, high class game developers out there. I'm not a Halo fan by any means and nor have I ever owned a Halo game. My real excitement for Reach is it mimics some of the best elements of my favorite FPS (Team Fortress 2) such as classes, custom maps, and fun game types. Judging from the multiplayer beta, Reach blends these TF2 characteristics with the Halo experience in such a way that is not only similar, but also set apart from its Halo predecessors and for that I cannot wait to get my hands on my very first Halo game.

Anybody excited for NFS World? I know I'm not..

Perfectly happy with my good ole Undercover. bubblerevolution.evillaugh.pngbubblerevolution.greengrin.png

NFSU and NFSU2 were the best of the series. Oh and NFS III: Hot Pursuit. Hope the remake will be that cool too :)

Most wanted was nice. I liked the police chase sequences, though I always ended up getting way over my head.

Edited by Kemaru

Sorry Pyrochild, I'm with Mike Ryan on this one. I grew up on PC Doom and graduated to an Xbox when Doom3 came out. I thought Id were the kings of FPS and that Doom3 would continue to be king. Halo blew Doom off the map.

I keep returning to Halo because it is just so much fun, everytime. It doesn't matter which episode either......,

NFSU and NFSU2 were the best of the series. Oh and NFS III: Hot Pursuit. Hope the remake will be that cool too :)

Have you seen the screens for that? My God they look amazing.

Most wanted was nice. I liked the police chase sequences, though I always ended up getting way over my head.

yeah. most wanted was NFS' best game, imo. Personally i'm just looking forward to F1 2010 and Gran Turismo 5. Both games look amazing, and hopefull will live up to the hype.

Anyone seen the Black Ops trailer? I was never going to get Black Ops, but now i may do, but it wont be an instant buy - definitely will wait for some reviews to see what it really is like. That RC car look like great fun though. :D

Sorry Pyrochild, I'm with Mike Ryan on this one. I grew up on PC Doom and graduated to an Xbox when Doom3 came out. I thought Id were the kings of FPS and that Doom3 would continue to be king. Halo blew Doom off the map.

I keep returning to Halo because it is just so much fun, everytime. It doesn't matter which episode either......,

Doom 3 is also garbage. Very nice tech demo, but cutting-edge graphics do not a good game make.