worldnewser

Video Gaming Thread

I was just in rage mode yesterday. My PS3 froze up every time I get into a game yesterday. I was able to play my first legitimate game this morning, and the game still does occasional freezing. For instance, when I get killed it freezes for a second and then shows my death. I find this thing to be unplayable atm :|

That aside, it really acts like BF:BC2, albeit relatively smaller maps. It makes the game a bit faster paced. I thought it would be a good game to buy in the future, but I have yet to find something that appeals to me that's not BC2 related. It'd be like spending money on a rehash of BC2. I dunno, perhaps my opinion will change. After alll, it's only a "beta".

nighthart001 is my PSN. Anyone's free to add me. No, I don't own an X360.

Also, I'm going to be gaming as much as I can up until the end of August, then it's radio silence. I don't plan on bringing my PS3 with me to my dorm. I think.

So I have $160 in GameStop credit by ridding myself of all my shovel ware using the 3 Games = extra 10$ deal. Now, I just have to wait for GameStop to have some slim 360's in stock so I can get an extra $150 for my first gen Xbox 360. Yup, a ton of Wii and DS shovelware plus a half broken Xbok is netting me a free slim. All I have to do is pay tax. :)

http://www.giantbomb...r-beta/17-2835/

GiantBomb Quick Looks are awesome. :)

The game... Looks like Battlefield Bad Company, and I did not enjoy the multiplayer in BC.

Yeah it does look similar but remember its made by DICE, who made the BFBC series.

It does have some cool elements to it, only time will tell how it pans out.

But how much more did you pay for all that shovelware than you're getting back? :P

Who said I payed for that shovelware? It's a family Wii. I payed for a good bit of the DS games, and I'll admit to losing money there, but in the long run I'd rather have a new 360 capable of playing my favorite games then a ton of my favorite games only available for a broken console.

I am definately a PS3 guy. I own as PS1, a PS2 and a PS3 (none of which I've paid for, they've all been given to me). And they have to bring back Crash Bandicoot games! They were the best until the PS3 came. And there haven't been any more...

*sits down and sobs at the thought that Crash Bandicoot's life is now over*

I used to play Crash Bandicoot until it went to PS2. Completely unbearable load times. I'd spend more time watching Crash fall through that purple whatever than actually playing the level.

Really? I've never had any probs with loading times- of course, the game would take a while to let Crash go up to heaven as an angel or fade into nothing, but that was about the only thing I remember bothering me...

390_9382_Crash%20thumbs%20up%20copy.jpg

I loved Crash on the PSone - I have all three of them as PSone classics on my PSP, and Crash 2: Cortex Strikes Back is still one of my favorite 3D platformers to date - but I never really got into Crash on the PS2. I have Twinsanity, and it seems alright, I'm just not really a straight 3D platformer kind of guy anymore. Also, the reversed horizontal axis on the camera controls drives me nuts...

You can change the camera...

But you are right- Crash Bandicoot wasn't quite as good in PS2, although Twinsanity and the Wrath Of Cortex Are still two of my all-time faves.

I loved Crash Bandicoot back when it was on the PS1. I played all of the ones made by Naughty Dog, but then they left to go work on Jak and Daxter (and eventually left that to work on the Uncharted series).

Crash Bandicoot was really fun back in the day. A matter a fact, it might have been one of the game that really got me into gaming.

I loved Crash Bandicoot since the first one came out. I was a younger pup back then, and it was my first video game. Those are the only Playstation 1 games I still own, the first three, Crash Bash, and Crash Team Racing. After Naughty Dog, the quality of Crash titles went down with the exception of Wrath of Cortex. I miss quality platformers like Crash. I think that's why I play as many good Indie PC games now.

Crash Bandicoot was really fun back in the day. A matter a fact, it might have been one of the game that really got me into gaming.
I loved Crash Bandicoot since the first one came out. I was a younger pup back then, and it was my first video game.

Crash Bandicoot and Rayman were my first games. Playing Crash with my big sister is one of my strongest memories from early childhood.