How is it that Apple gets it, but nobody else does? As usual, xkcd has a good bead on the subject:

steal_this_comic.png

(Note to all: Don't be a pirate. Downloading things without paying for them is a jerkwadish thing to do. This is meant only as a commentary on the subject of DRM)

It's totally true. When you criminalize any of your potential user base, the only happy customers are the ones who steal your content. I know hundreds of people that would be delighted to support the people programming the applications they love, if the company distributing the applications they love weren't obsessed with the Idiot Ball and crippling the incredible software they make. I know I'm happier to download iTunes tracks now that I know I can play them on any MP3 player I want to (even though I have an iPod) and take them to any computer I happen to buy in the future.

Some of the oldest media technology in the world (books) has absolutely no DRM whatsoever, but the book industry is having no problem maintaining sales at all. iTunes is palatable post-DRM when it wasn't before. Why can't firms like the RIAA, MPAA, and UbiSoft get the same picture that Random House has known for decades, and Apple has just figured out?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Spore had a strict DRM to fight piracy and now it's one of, if not the most pirated game ever.

I expect a similar thing to happen to AC2.

On another note, Team Fortress 2 on PC is awesome. I've finally got it after 2 years of playing the awful (in comparison) PS3 port.

All the additional content is great. Jarate anyone?

I guess that can be another reason why I don't play games on PC. :P

I used to consoles anyways.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Yeah, I'm sure RTS games or better on PC.

Doesn't matter to me though. RTS is one of the genres I don't like along with sports games. :P

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

I haven't liked sports video games since about 5 years old. They never interested me at all.

Like pyro said: I'd rather play the sport. :|

yeah but you cant just play football. i agree, its awesome to play sport rather than video game sport, but you cant just go out and play whenever you want...

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

I don't know where you live, but you can in America.

Heck, if I want to play football at 3AM than I'll do it! :lol:

And if I can't get anyone to play with me at 3AM than I'll get pyrochild to play with me. :twisted:

Yeah, I played the God of War 3 demo yesterday and I must admit its amazing.

I don't think I'll get it at launch though. I hardly ever spend $60 on a single player game. Mass Effect 2 is an exception. I'll probably pick up God of War 3 when I can find it somewhere for $40.

So I tried the BioShock 2 multiplayer yesterday for the first time. It was actually really fun. I only did two matches and I was the leader of my team and got the most point both times. :D

Final Fantasy XIII in 4 days. :D

I know it will do good, but will it compare with Modern Warfare 2's sales?