New here, anyone willing to help me with a picture.

I downloaded paint.net but haven't really had a chance to use it. I will mostly be using to take photos and edit them of my candles. Here is my first attempt at photographing my candle. Of course I will turn the date off next time. I am trying to get the background as bright white as I can. Any ideas?30092_82e6e2b2b693d3ea0213784960186f03

I downloaded paint.net but haven't really had a chance to use it. I will mostly be using to take photos and edit them of my candles. Here is my first attempt at photographing my candle. Of course I will turn the date off next time. I am trying to get the background as bright white as I can. Any ideas?[attachment=0]JamaicaMeCrazy.jpg[/attachment]

Do a search in the plugins forum for "conditional hue saturation".

That particular plugin would help do what you want (make the pink stuff white), and would work on pinkish parts of things other than the background (like the seal on the jar and highlights in the stones).

Also, better lighting or a whiter sheet would be a good plan ;)

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

Do a search in the plugins forum for "conditional hue saturation".

That particular plugin would help do what you want (make the pink stuff white), and would work on pinkish parts of things other than the background (like the seal on the jar and highlights in the stones).

Also, better lighting or a whiter sheet would be a good plan ;)

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

There are hints in the post the plugin is found in, but basically, it works like this:

on the right side of the plugin window is a color wheel. Use the mouse (left button for the counter-clockwise edge, right button for the clockwise edge) to pick a range of color that you want to alter. Then use the sliders to limit it to more or less saturated colors (you should be looking for low-saturated red...there should be a line around the pink part of the color wheel).

Then, on the left, adjust the hue (color), saturation (intensity of color), or brightness. You'll want to be adjusting the saturation down to nothing.

Just keep playing with it until you're satisfied. It can work on a whole image or a selected area (if you have part of the picture selected). Remember that you can always undo.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

There are hints in the post the plugin is found in, but basically, it works like this:

on the right side of the plugin window is a color wheel. Use the mouse (left button for the counter-clockwise edge, right button for the clockwise edge) to pick a range of color that you want to alter. Then use the sliders to limit it to more or less saturated colors (you should be looking for low-saturated red...there should be a line around the pink part of the color wheel).

Then, on the left, adjust the hue (color), saturation (intensity of color), or brightness. You'll want to be adjusting the saturation down to nothing.

Just keep playing with it until you're satisfied. It can work on a whole image or a selected area (if you have part of the picture selected). Remember that you can always undo.

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

drakaan sig jan 2020.png

drakaan sig jan 2020.png