Copy, Paste, and Move.

I have a simple question, because I've never really learned about Photoshop, or anything like it.

So I'm very much an amateur.

I have a black and white text scanned image that I want to move some numbers around on.

I have all the numbers I need on it, so I assume all I would have to do is Copy and Paste.

I use the Rectangle Select tool to select the number I want, then Edit>Copy and Edit>Paste.

Now I assumed before I began that once I did this, I could just move it wherever.

Apparently, not.

So. I tried Edit>Paste in to New Layer, and tried to move it around, but it didn't work.

I then tried to move the pixels inside slightly, and then use the Move Selection tool.

But it didn't work...so, I'm at a loss!

I'm sure this is relatively easy, just need the info!

Thanks beforehand for anyone's help [:

-Zia.

30064_9adc93aa4402e2c48f84fbc91b01adc2

I have a simple question, because I've never really learned about Photoshop, or anything like it.

So I'm very much an amateur.

I have a black and white text scanned image that I want to move some numbers around on.

I have all the numbers I need on it, so I assume all I would have to do is Copy and Paste.

I use the Rectangle Select tool to select the number I want, then Edit>Copy and Edit>Paste.

Now I assumed before I began that once I did this, I could just move it wherever.

Apparently, not.

So. I tried Edit>Paste in to New Layer, and tried to move it around, but it didn't work.

I then tried to move the pixels inside slightly, and then use the Move Selection tool.

But it didn't work...so, I'm at a loss!

I'm sure this is relatively easy, just need the info!

Thanks beforehand for anyone's help [:

-Zia.

[attachment=0]image-7noinfo.jpg[/attachment]

Haha funny changing your report card or progress report or whatever haha.

Umm well you can select the letters and copy them, then paste(on new layer so you can move around and change them without messing up anythign else.

The stamp tool ( :CloneStamp: ) could be used nicely to make it look natural if any spots look changed as well.

Maybe post what you would like done and people can help you with more precision.

This tool ( :MoveSelectionTool: ) changes where the selection is and changes only the area of the selection.

This tool ( :MoveTool: ) actually manipulates the section, as in stretching or compressing it, as well as moving it.

After copying and pasting the #s on a new layer, use this tool ( :MoveTool: ) to move it on top of a specific area.

After you paste it, if you paste it on a new layer you should be fine moving it around

But, it you paste it on layer that has all the #s on it, deselect it, reselect it and move it. You will leave a transparency wherever it was pasted from.

Haha funny changing your report card or progress report or whatever haha.

Umm well you can select the letters and copy them, then paste(on new layer so you can move around and change them without messing up anythign else.

The stamp tool ( :CloneStamp: ) could be used nicely to make it look natural if any spots look changed as well.

Maybe post what you would like done and people can help you with more precision.

This tool ( :MoveSelectionTool: ) changes where the selection is and changes only the area of the selection.

This tool ( :MoveTool: ) actually manipulates the section, as in stretching or compressing it, as well as moving it.

After copying and pasting the #s on a new layer, use this tool ( :MoveTool: ) to move it on top of a specific area.

After you paste it, if you paste it on a new layer you should be fine moving it around

But, it you paste it on layer that has all the #s on it, deselect it, reselect it and move it. You will leave a transparency wherever it was pasted from.

When I have to do things like that, I like to create a "holding area" layer that I can copy and paste stuff to and keep it there as a "master" of sorts, then re-copy & paste what I need back to the other layers as needed.

When I have to do things like that, I like to create a "holding area" layer that I can copy and paste stuff to and keep it there as a "master" of sorts, then re-copy & paste what I need back to the other layers as needed.