Start Paint.Net from code.

I'm using "windows" API (CreateProcess) to lunch paint.net from another application. The problem I have is paint.net will not execute if it has not already been run manually once during the session.

i.e. restart computer lunch paint.net with API = fail. Lunch paint.net from explorer close paint.net, then lunch paint.net from API = good from now on.

There is no need to control Paint.net any way except starting it.

Any other program attempted to start in the exact same way works perfectly every time. It's only Paint.Net that presents this problem (even other .Net apps).

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm using "windows" API (CreateProcess) to lunch paint.net from another application. The problem I have is paint.net will not execute if it has not already been run manually once during the session.

i.e. restart computer lunch paint.net with API = fail. Lunch paint.net from explorer close paint.net, then lunch paint.net from API = good from now on.

Any other program attempted to start in the exact same way works perfectly every time. It's only Paint.Net that presents this problem (even other .Net apps).

Anyone else having this problem?

His post was:

No idea. There's currently no API for controlling Paint.NET, nor is this supported.

This is a forum for plugin development. Please adhere to that. Thanks.

Thread closed

SL also clarifies for the first point:

KaHuc.png

His post was:

No idea. There's currently no API for controlling Paint.NET, nor is this supported.

This is a forum for plugin development. Please adhere to that. Thanks.

Thread closed

SL also clarifies for the first point:

KaHuc.png

He did, Andrew, for another reason, however, as Simon pointed out.

He did give you an answer, though, ShadowLocke, so why are you asking again? Because you were not satisfied with the lead developer's response? For your benefit, I'll quote Rick's answer to your question:

As what you are attempting to do is not officially supported - that is, whatever negative ramifications result from your actions cannot and will not be troubleshot - I am going to lock your topic, only as endorsing this further is inviting other, possibly damaging modifications to Paint.NET. Simon pointed out a claim made you that might well be supportive, but on the whole, I cannot let this discussion continue with the other things in mind.

This doesn't stop you from trying to launch Paint.NET from another application, only asking about it here.

Topic locked

EDITED: the odd sentence that needed to be written.

He did, Andrew, for another reason, however, as Simon pointed out.

He did give you an answer, though, ShadowLocke, so why are you asking again? Because you were not satisfied with the lead developer's response? For your benefit, I'll quote Rick's answer to your question:

As what you are attempting to do is not officially supported - that is, whatever negative ramifications result from your actions cannot and will not be troubleshot - I am going to lock your topic, only as endorsing this further is inviting other, possibly damaging modifications to Paint.NET. Simon pointed out a claim made you that might well be supportive, but on the whole, I cannot let this discussion continue with the other things in mind.

This doesn't stop you from trying to launch Paint.NET from another application, only asking about it here.

Topic locked

EDITED: the odd sentence that needed to be written.