Image Map assistance

Hi, I'm fairly new to using PDN and I'm wondering if there's a way to go one step beyond what I've seen the image map plugin capable of doing. For example:

I have an image of Australia that I've chopped and changed and have labelled the states using the image map plugin. I want the text ie "New South Wales" to pop up when the cursor hovers over that state. Is there a plugin for this too, or some way to make this possible? It's for a website in progress.

cheers, Dave

Hi, I'm fairly new to using PDN and I'm wondering if there's a way to go one step beyond what I've seen the image map plugin capable of doing. For example:

I have an image of Australia that I've chopped and changed and have labelled the states using the image map plugin. I want the text ie "New South Wales" to pop up when the cursor hovers over that state. Is there a plugin for this too, or some way to make this possible? It's for a website in progress.

cheers, Dave

Maybe I'm not asking the question clearly.. I have an image of Australia, without state lines drawn or text labelling the states. Is there a plugin or function to allow a small text box to pop up displaying the name of the state by the cursor when the cursor is hovered over a certain state?

Cheers, Dave

Maybe I'm not asking the question clearly.. I have an image of Australia, without state lines drawn or text labelling the states. Is there a plugin or function to allow a small text box to pop up displaying the name of the state by the cursor when the cursor is hovered over a certain state?

Cheers, Dave

Try this:

Tip: The alt attribute is meant to be used as an alternative text if the image is not available, not as a mouse-over text. To show a mouse-over text on images or image-maps, use the title attribute, like this: Angry face

Stolen from here: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_IMG.asp

This is now a web development issue and not a Paint.NET/imagemap issue. You might wish to ask further question in the Alfredo section where we have a thread for web development :wink:

Try this:

Tip: The alt attribute is meant to be used as an alternative text if the image is not available, not as a mouse-over text. To show a mouse-over text on images or image-maps, use the title attribute, like this: Angry face

Stolen from here: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_IMG.asp

This is now a web development issue and not a Paint.NET/imagemap issue. You might wish to ask further question in the Alfredo section where we have a thread for web development :wink:

• 1 month later...

I have no idea how to use Image Map. First of all, I don't want to segment the image. I want the whole image to redirect to my website. When I open the image map extension, all I can do is click one point on the image, title that point, and then receive code which is indecipherable. Do I need to create 4 points marking the area of the picture I want to hyperlink? I need to add my website url somewhere in the code obviously, but I am not sure how Paint.net interacts with html.

As mentioned above (and previously) Imagemaps and HTML are web design issues. This is a forum about Paint.NET - an image processing/creation tool.

Yes Simon has created a plugin to assist turning images into imagemaps from within Paint.Net, but the resultant code (that you found indecipherable) is HTML. Paint.Net does not interact with HTML and therefore not something we feel is appropriate to discuss in this part of the forum.

I suggest (as I did before) that you take this discussion to either the thread pertaining to the imagemap plugin, or the alfreo (where there is a thread specifically for web design).